Online USA Class FAQ (European class FAQ – use that link)
Basic info on the program:
- First 3 sessions are a trial – there is no charge to participate. After 3 sessions students decide if they want to continue. Students can repeat the course unlimited number of times at no extra charge. Tuition is non-refundable.
- All the sessions are recorded in case you miss a session or want to repeat that session. We are using GoToWebinar tool to run the sessions. There is no installation involved on your side.
- There are QA and Technology modules in the program:
QA MODULE – 50 hours, $1,500
– Software QA Methodology – 18 hours
– Job Search – 4 hours
– Testing Mobile Applications (project included) – 12 hours
– Testing Web Application Project – 12 hours
– REST API testing – 4 hours
TECHNOLOGY MODULE – 50 hours, $1,000 if taken as a standalone course/$500 if taken with QA Module
– Test Automation (Webdriver, Java, Cucumber) – 20 hours
– Backend testing (SQL & LINUX) – 16 hours
– Advanced Mobile testing – 14 hours
- In QA Module we have 3 live sessions a week – Mon, Tue, Thu – 6-7 or 6-8pm California (PST) time (50 hours in total).
- In TECHNOLOGY Module we have 4 session a week 6-8pm/7-9pm for automation
- To start the session teacher sends a link to the group chat in Skype. Students click on the link and there will be new window opening with teacher’s screen inside.
- The school helps with your resumes, certificates, references for the projects
What to do before the class begins:
- Slava on Automation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M0V5C24m1M
- James Bach video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILkT_HV9DVU
- Jana Mourza – Test Documentation: PPT part1 part2 part3 part4 part5 part6 part7
- Jana Mourza on Agile Testing – Part1 Part2
- Bonus session on resume bullets – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12xDLTy18h0
- HTML by Slava – Part1 Part2
How to prepare to the first session:
- Go to https://online.portnov.net/onlinehome/ page. We keep there recordings of the first 3 sessions for the most recent online groups.
- Scroll down to the Session 1 section and start first with the Homework part. Watch the webinar, learn the interview questions and answers, take the quiz, etc.
- After completing the Homework – watch the recorded webinar in the Session 1 title line.
With that work done you are ready to fully benefit from the first LIVE session on January 6, 2022