Our self-paced UNIX Commands online training course is designed for those interested in obtaining basic knowledge of UNIX operating system in projection on Software Testing.
The course covers the following topics
- UNIX Operating System
- UNIX Layers
- Basic UNIX Elements: commands, ﬁles, directories, your environment, processes, and jobs
- Multi-User and Multi-Tasking Operating Systems
- Defining The UNIX Shell
- UNIX Commands
- Case Sensitivity
- Special Keys and Control Characters
- File System. Working with files in UNIX.
- Wildcard Characters
- File and Directory Permissions
- Processes: Viewing Your Processes, Running Background Jobs, Process Scheduling Priority
- UNIX Networking: Inter Networking, Networking Commands, Networking Files
- Introduction to vi editor
- More UNIX Commands
The instruction includes written materials, quizzes, tests and home work assignments in the areas listed above. Student’s performance and progress will be evaluated based on scores earned on online tests. Certificate of completion will be issued online to successful test takers.
- online at campus.educadium.com/portnov
- The course materials are available for 6 months after course registration date
- no refund for online classes if taken