Samples represent that of an actual working technical professional found on the WEB and modified to protect the privacy of these professionals. Human names, company names, colleges, software product names are intentionally made up.
More than Eight years of experience in QA Management, QA Testing and Web Analysis, Web Development, web publishing, Web Administrating, Web mastering and Web site maintaining. Excellent experience in all kinds of web authoring and QA Testing tools. More than three years of experience in designing and developing the applications under the client server environment using ORACLE RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Pus, JAVA, C, HP UNIX and Windows NT environments. Knowledge of QA principles, ISO standards, SEI SW CMM and/or SE CM models a plus. Familiarity with object oriented programming, UNIX scripting, software languages such as C++, JAVA, SQL. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability interact with all levels, including senior management and the customer.
System: DOS 6.22, Windows 95, 98, 2000, Windows NT, Windows for Work group, UNIX System V , Linux, Novell NetWare 3.1, MS Windows 3.0
- Software: MS Office Pro, Netscape Navigator, MS Office 97, Cute FTP, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe PhotoShop 4.0, MS Front page, MS Power Point, HotMetal Pro 3.0, Paint Shop Pro, Corel Draw, Visio, Lotus Notes. HTML Help Workshop, LiveWire, Exceed, PVCS, SQL Navigator, Remedy, Timbuktu Pro
Test Tools: WinRunner, Load Runner, SQA Robot, Silk, Empirix e-tester, e-load, e-monitor
Hardware: IBM Compatible PC s, NIC s, SCSI devices, EIDE, CD ROMs, All Kind of Wireless devices
Languages: C, Pro*C, Turbo C, C++, Borland C, SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Programming, SQL*PLUS, JAVA, JAVA Applets, JAVA Scripts, BASIC, Power Builder, HTML, XML, SGML, Developer/2000
Servers: NAS, Netscape Enterprise Server 3.0, Microsoft Internet Information Server, Web servers, Blackberry Enterprise Server, MS Exchange Server, Lotus Domino Server
RDBMS: ORACLE 9.i, Oracle Forms 3.0 and 4.0, MS Access and FoxPro, DBA Studio
ZetFormation Technologies, Inc.
QA Technical Manager
Automation Test Tool Evaluation for QA
ZetFormation Technologies Inc. provides the Wireless Infrastructure Management software large organizations and global wireless service providers need for end-to-end control and real-time management of their rapidly growing populations of wireless users, applications and devices. With expertise in both wireless networks and enterprise IT management, ZetFormation is unique in its ability to provide carrier-class, systems-level software for managing and controlling the entire wireless data network environment, regardless of the number of devices, users, applications, networks or geographies.
Working as Technical Manager for QA on three different projects. One of the most important project was evaluating Automation Test Tool for QA. Evaluated WinRunner, Empirix E-Tester and SILK for their possible capabilities provided by each tool for different features. Worked with their sales team and engineers to collect more information about each component of all tools. Evaluation was done based upon our applications requirements and tool s features that we can utilize to meet our testing goals. Created automation scripts with WinRunner for all the components of application. Customized WinRunner scripts to run in loops, perform data driven test, database verification with DB Connect, synchronization, check points, error handling, text and image comparator and object recognition and verification with custom objects.
ZetFormation Enterprise and Service Manager
ZetFormation ENTERPRISE MANAGER is a Web-based Wireless Infrastructure Management software platform that provides IT organizations with complete control over all components of their rapidly growing wireless data networks. A complete management platform, it includes: Comprehensive control and security capabilities to quickly contain the risks of lost and stolen devices. End-to-end, real-time performance management and fault localization capabilities to enable Help Desk and IT support staff to quickly pinpoint and resolve user, network and device problems.
ZetFormation SERVICE MANAGER is Web-based Wireless Infrastructure Management software designed for wireless service providers to support rapidly growing populations of remote wireless data devices and applications. It enables wireless service providers to control all the components of their wireless data applications and service offerings. Designed specifically for wireless service providers, ZetFormation SERVICE MANAGER provides a complete system for managing and controlling remote wireless devices and applications
Responsibility included managing all different projects with 4 QA analysts and testers. Responsible for all software quality assurance activities, including test plan engineering, test case generation, automated & manual test execution, hardware configuration, client configuration, usability analysis, problem reporting, and documentation analysis. Responsible for the daily activities of the QA staff assigned to various and multiple Client projects. Monitor the successful completion of the quality initiatives at every step of the Software Development Life Cycle SDLC . Adapt quality initiatives to suit the specific project without compromising the integrity of the Quality Assurance process. Monitor the progress of the client projects for adherence to the planned schedule and participate in all project-affecting decisions.
Worked on Lotus Domino project with Black Berry Enterprise Server. Installed and Configured Lotus Domino Server with different BES service packs. Worked as Administrator of Server and created new users with different wireless devices. Configures SAP agent to talk to website from where all users can manage their wireless devices emails.
Responsible for all kinds of project planning. Responsible for new business meetings including, but not limited to, making presentations explaining the duties, the need, and the benefit of the QA participation. Responsible for ensuring the activities of QA staff meet client and department standards. Responsible for the day to day monitoring of the progress of project and QA progress and alerting management to the earliest signs of trouble. Performed all kind of QA testing on all web applications.
Work with Development Manager and Creative departments to define project scope, budgets, and timelines as they affect the QA initiatives for the entire SDLC. Manage communications with Project leaders regarding quality matters. Provide status reports to the QA management and the other management on a periodic basis. Provide corroborative input into the planning and tracking of the project schedule and all attendant Risk Management activities and collaborate with the Lead Engineer to develop a formal project plan for each project.
USAMail.com, New York, NY
Project Manager for QA
Worked as a Sr. Project Manager for QA Department on 8 different projects. One of the most important project is Mailwatch. Mailwatch is an e-mail firewall service that scans a stream of Internet e-mail messages for items such as viruses, SPAM, or offensive content. It does so by receiving all inbound and outbound e-mail for the customer, performing the required scanning, then forwarding the messages on to their final destination. In accordance with the customer s policy configuration, some messages may be held for later review, simply have the message instance logged, or maybe even have a virus-infected file cleaned. All the Mail.com customer s emails are routed through mail server where we have Mailwatch scanner installed. Tested entire Mailwatch scanner for virus scanning, profanity, Spam for different customer. Created Automations scripts to send emails to scanner with different mail clients like Eudora Pro, Outlook, and Netscape Messenger. Configured SMTP, POP IMAP server to point to MailWatch web server.
Another project was GroupWare Site. GroupWare had two different components; one was Hot Database Standby and Network API. Hot Database Standby was One of the key factors in the future success of Mail.com Business Messaging Services is our ability to differentiate ourselves from our competitors on the basis of service reliability, scalability, and robustness. Hot database standby was required to eliminate the GroupWare database as the single point of failure in the GroupWare service. If a catastrophic failure occurs on a GroupWare database server, customers should see minimal or no service disruption. Tested application in this kind of failure situation. Created Project Plan, Test Plan and test cases to test this part of application. Network APIs are functions or procedures that will be executed to perform certain tasks like add/modify/delete for contacts and calendar packages. Created SQL queries to perform this functionality.
Another project was for Empirix Automation Test Tools. Empirix has different automation tools that we use to perform functionality, load, stress and performance testing using e-tester, e-load, e-monitor and e-reporter. Created and executed automated script against application to test the GroupWare application. Made changes in VB script to create virtual users to take load and performance measurements. Also changes VB scripts to customize tool to test different part of application. Used Empirix E-Tester, E-Load to perform functionality and load testing. Evaluated new tool like Remedy to implement in Mail.com QA.
Solveig American Intl. Group , New York, NY
INTEGRATED RECOVERY SYSTEM IRS
Manage four different projects for QA Testing and analysis. Responsible for maintaining resources, project budget and deadline dates. Managing more than 10 employees for different projects. Analyzed, Developed and Verified web based user interface application using HTML, Java, Oracle, NAS, and Unix. IRS is an Intranet application that will be available under Solveig on-line. IRS is Client Server based front-end application to provide complete connectivity with upload and download capabilities from different applications. The architecture of the application resides on Netscape Web server, Directory Server and Kiva application server. Genio is used to transfer the data from Claims and non-Claims systems. HTML and Java scripts used to develop the components that will be accessed through Netscape 4.0 and IE 4.0 browsers. On the backend side, Oracle used for database and will be connected using Kiva ODBC connectivity through Shadow Direct. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
Took part in Development team to develop certain modules of application in HTML and Java.
Created Oracle database for reports, form and clients data.
Performed different type of testing on application to ensure that application is error free.
Monitored the NAS and Unix server log for its availability. Brought sever up and clean up the logs.
Audited the application code to verify that it meets the Solveig CTO coding standards and Sun s Java standards.
Used PVCS to deploy the code in different region and maintain version control of each docs and code.
Track all the bugs and fix them using PVCS tracking system and generate reports and metrics.
Sit with end users to perform UAT and provide them technical guide.
Generated reports and metrics to provide project status to upper management.
Responsible for hiring new employee.
Performed and Implemented IV & V Independent Verification and Validation process, disciplined approach to evaluating and assessing the software product during each phase of the software life cycle based on IEEE standards.
AI CAPP WEB APPLICATION
Analyzed, developed, documented and validated QA work product for the CAPP application, against the Business Requirements Document as part of the SDLC activity. Primary responsibilities included validating & testing the CAPP form generation process, Extract record process and DocuCorp interface. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
Development and execution of Test Plan & Test Cases for all Forms related issues.
Created and ran automation scripts using SILK automation tool. Identified and developed automation process in MS Access and ORACLE to manipulate data in to database automatically.
Developed ORACLE Queries to query the database to test the back end process of the application. SQL Procedures were developed to update the policy status.
Responsible for monitoring the server logs and bringing the server up and down in UNIX. Tracked the server log in order to find out the server crash reason.
Functional responsibilities included, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Unit testing and Regression Testing on application.
AT & T, Bridgetown, NJ
6 Month Consulting Contract
Sr. WEB DEVELOPER, DESIGNER, PUBLISHER
AT&T INTRANET, INTERNET WEB PUBLISHING
ENVIRONMENT: HTML, Java, Java Applets, MS FP, Cute FTP, HP UNIX, Ultra Edit, MS Power Point, Adobe PhotoShop, Acrobat, LiveWire.
MAINTAIN WEB AND DATABASE SERVERS
Created and maintained ORACLE database for all web sites, which had over 200 tables, Procedures, Functions, Triggers over 1000 users. Maintained AT&T local web server and UNIX server. Created UNIX directories for all web pages and set the appropriate access permissions to other users and developers for web designing, backup and user privilege for main and child web sites.
ENVIRONMENT: ORACLE 7.x, HTML, HP UNIX, Windows NT, Cute FTP, Web Server.
RAMSFIELD TECHNOLOGIES, Somerville, NJ
WEB DEVELOPER and QA TECHNICAL LEAD
QC DEPARTMENT WEB PAGE
Designed and maintained homepage for QC dept. with 5 child pages contained more than 5000 documents. This web page contained all reports, forms of QC sub-groups with huge size of ORACLE Database. Designed and developed ORACLE database for supporting quality assurance programs including equipment maintenance scheduling, calibrating machinery and vendor history records. Established procedures for quality assurance programs to perform testing on CDROM based applications.
ENVIRONMENT: HTML, Java, Java Applets, ORACLE 7.x, MS front Page, Cute FTP, MS Power Point, Adobe Photoshop.
COMPUSOFT INC., INDIA
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
INTRANET WEB SITE DEVELOPER
Managed the overall redesign of a 1,000+ element Intranet. Responsibilities included designing, developing, and maintaining two other Intranet Web sites supporting end users for all applications. Redesigned the Document Viewer Home Page to meet Company s Web page standards. Site to be deployed as part of an Extranet. Continuously worked to refine the District Intranet publishing process. Converted MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project documents to HTML for publishing on the District Intranet.
ENVIRONMENT: HTML, Homesite, HoTMetaL Pro 3.0, ORACLE 7.x, MS front Page, Cute FTP, MS Power Point, Adobe PhotoShop.
PERSONAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
Worked as a programmer to assist in the development of specification coded, tested Modules of system. The system was developed for a large investment company, integrates all investments pertaining to Shares/debentures. Consolidates money transactions by reporting online stock level, pending applications, call-money dues, stock to be received and gain/losses. Output displayed as reports/Bar graphs.
ENVIRONMENT: ORACLE 7.x, Developer/2000, SQL*PLUS, SQL, PLSQL,PB
DATATECH SYSTEMS, INDIA
CONSUMER ACCOUNTING SYSTEM
Responsible for the developing program specifications, requirement. Also responsibility included coding, testing and implementing several modules. This system was developed for the state electricity board, maintains consumer accounting by monthly transactions such as collections, adjustment totals.
ENVIRONMENT: ORACLE 7.x and SQL, PL SQL, C, C++.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering, INDIA, June 1992
- Advance Diploma in Electrical M/C, INDIA,
- Diploma in Computer Application, INDIA, April 1995
- Training in UNIX, C, Oracle, PB and Developer 2000 at Comp-U-Learn, Edison, NJ
- Training in HTML, MS SQL at RAMSFIELD Technologies, Inc. Somerset, NJ.
- Training in Java, Java applets, SGML, XML at AT&T, Bridgewater, NJ
- Training in NAS, PVCS, Starbase, Staffware at Solveig, New York, NY
- Training in Remedy bug tracking tool. Also took classes for RSW automation tool at Mail.com, NY
- Training in WinRunner and LoadRunner at ZetFormation, Edison, NJ
Furnished upon request.
Samples represent that of an actual working technical professional found on the WEB and modified to protect the privacy of these professionals. Human names, company names, colleges, software product names are intentionally made up.
To find a challenging position in Network Systems Analysis or Software Quality Assurance with opportunities for career enrichment.
Firewalls Hardwares Network Associates PGP Gauntlet UNIXUnix and WebShield Firewalls.
Hardware IBM PC, SUN SPARC, Ultra , Macintosh, HP B132, B180.
Operating Systems MS-DOS series, Macintosh OS 7.5, 7.6, 8 , OS/2. Solaris 2.51, 2.6, 8, BSDI 3.0, 4.0, Linux5.0, 6.x. MS NT, 2000.
Network Novell 3.12, 4.0, Microsoft Network, NT 3.51, 4.0, LANtastic Environments TCP/IP, NetBIOS .
Programming Languages HTML, SQL, COBOL, QA Partner.
- Pursuing MS in, Computer Systems Management, University of Maryland
- BS in, Information Systems Management, University of Maryland
Network Technology Group, Inc., Rockwood, Maryland
January 1999 to March 2002
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Verified compatibility of Gauntlet VPN s compatibility with supported PKI servers Entrust, Verisign, XCert .
- Helped ensure that GEMS Global Enterprise Management System 2.0 was compatible with Gauntlet and WebShield firewalls.
- Led alpha testing of the WebShield E-ppliance 2.0 product.
- Directed the QA testing of the Gauntlet 5.5 and Gauntlet 6.0 updates. Generated test plans and matrices, andmatrix led a team of 5 people.
- Led QA team on the WebShield 300 version 1.5 and 1.5 update projects. Produced a revised WebShield 300 project test plan and matrix.
- Served as QA Lead of the Gauntlet/WebShield internationalization and localization project. Created test plan, matricesmatrix and reports to ensure that the Gauntlet and WebShield product lines functionedwere functional well in international environments.
- Led QA group for the Gauntlet 6.0 Firewall product. Provided reports and matrix coverage status to the QA manager.
- Performed network security and network access testing, using DNS, Telnet, FTP, Email, and HTTP protocols with and Gauntlet firewalls and UNIX servers.services.
- Generated test plans by including test scenarios, test cases, testing environments, system configurations, and entrance/exit criteria.
THE-ONE Corp., Springfield, Maryland
July 1997 to January 1999
Network Engineer/Quality Assurance Engineer
- Performed network security and network access testing using SmartGate.Smartgate.
- Built and maintained an environment with a IIS, PDC, IIS, and an Exchange Serverexchange server for various testing scenarios.
- Generated and reviewed test plansplan by including test scenarios, test cases, testing environments, system configurations and entrance/exit criteria.
- Assisted management with the on testing schedule and the software release.
- Managed VPN product testing within client/server and NT environments.
Rickson Electronic Information Resources, Harvard, Virginia
February 1997 to June 1997
Associate Test Analyst
- Conducted regression, functional, and ad hoc testing for a web- based application using Netscape 3.01 and Internet Explorer 3.0 on Windows NT, Windows 95, and Windows 3.11.
- Indexed test data using SGML tags and the Open TextOpentext engine.
ABC Systems, Inc., Columbia, Maryland
May 1995 to January 1997
Quality Assurance Developer
- Developed test scripts using QA Partner, an automated test tool.
- Performed system testing on various platforms: Windows NT, Windows 95, Window 3.11, DOS, and OS/2.
- Assisted development with to do troubleshooting, diagnostics, and solutionsolutions finding.
United States Citizen
Network Associates MVP award February Feb, 2000
Samples represent that of an actual working technical professional found on the WEB and modified to protect the privacy of these professionals. Human names, company names, colleges, software product names are intentionally made up.
White Gate, Inc., Dallas, Texas
September 1999 through April 2002
Director of Quality Assurance
- Hands-on management of testing efforts for projects for the following clients: Hilton, Mazda, Universal Studios, Nokia, CBS, GTE/Verizon, Herman Miller, Procter & Gamble, and the Dallas Zoo.
- Managed all Quality Assurance assets including; hiring, salary negotiation, salary reviews, bonus reviews, and performance issues.
- Made extensive use of automated testing tools including Mercury WinRunner, Rational TeamTest, and Microsoft VisualTest VisualTest is now a Rational Software product .
- Integrated the use of scripting tools, specifically Mercury WinRunner, into the corporate Quality Assurance Methodology. Provided training, mentoring, and troubleshooting for Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Tested static web sites staged on a wide number of server platforms. Tested dynamic web sites that utilize ATG Dynamo, IBM WebSphere, Interwoven, and ASP. Tested B2B portals, B2C portals, online billing projects, and e-commerce solutions that produce revenue in excess of 3 million per week.
- Trained, managed, and directed teams of Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers ranging in skill from entry to senior-level engineers.
- Developed and implemented methodology for assuring the quality of White Gate deliverables including Internet web sites, Internet Ecommerce sites, multimedia presentations, and Internet B2B sites.
- Conceived, designed, and managed the implementation of the Change Request Database, a scalable web-based bug tracking solution. Implemented Change Request Database as a revenue-generating tool by selling licenses to clients.
- Conducted site load testing, stress testing, and volume testing using java component called URLHammer. Created installation executable for easy distribution and implementation of URLHammer applet.
- Managed development of corporate Methodology for all disciplines within company including Information Architecture, Development, Project Management, Configuration Management, and Quality Assurance.
- Envisioned, proposed, and implemented nationally directed Quality Assurance team in order to organize all Quality Assurance efforts under a single methodology. Increased degree of Quality for all projects.
- Streamlined corporate Development processes by analyzing current practices and identifying inefficiency. Improved process resulted in increased quality and increased work output.
- Developed Quality Assurance Intranet site that included training on Quality Assurance methods and practices, multiple templates for Test Plans, templates for Test Cases, and templates for Test Reports.
- Written, maintained, and executed test plans and test cases. Determined the scope on multiple projects, provided estimates based on that scope, and revised the scope in order to meet the needs of the client.
- Attended training for Mercury WinRunner and subsequently integrated automated scripting into the Quality Assurance Methodology. Provided training and mentoring for authoring and maintaining of WinRunner automated scripts.
- Installed and maintained Microsoft SQL 7.0 and Microsoft SQL 2000; performed basic queries necessary to edit and update data within the database including fields and tables.
- Simplified installation of Taxware server program by creating installation executable using InstallShield, reducing installation time from six hours to less than 5 minutes.
- Built test Labs and actual networking models that include DHCP servers, DNS servers, WINS servers, and Microsoft Windows NT 3.51, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, and Microsoft Windows 2000 Domain Controllers. Built and maintained networks including all the aforementioned components, as well as providing a measure of security using firewalls, gateways, proxy servers, and Intrusion Detection Systems IDS .
- Used tools to capture and analyze unsecured network data packets in a test environment, analyze and breech test networks, as well as initiate successful Denial of Service DoS attacks on test servers.
Round-the-clock Consulting, Dallas, Texas
June 1999 through September 1999
Contractor, Senior Quality Analyst
- Provided contractual work at GTE for a Java-based Ecommerce Online Billing project.
- Authored and maintained overall Test Plan. Test Plans included the introduction a detailed description of the item being tested and its scope , user requirements, environmental needs, risk assessment, and approach/methodology.
- Wrote and executed detailed Test Cases including prerequisites, detailed instructions, and anticipated results.
- Assisted GTE Y2K Project Management Office in validating code for Online Billing project. Obtained and documented test data for justification and verification of results during internal audit.
- Installed and configured Windows NT 4.0 Servers and Workstations for team. Provided limited Windows NT Administrative support.
Microtech, Richardson, Texas
September 1998 through June 1999
Quality Assurance Lead, Enterprise Team
- Managed QA Engineers on the Enterprise team and the deployment testing of all Microtech products. Worked with Development and Product Managers throughout the product cycle to meet release deadlines and to identify target test areas.
- Authored Test Plans for Enterprise deployment of the iGrafx product suite. Test Plans included a detailed description of the item being tested, its scope, user requirements, environmental needs, risk assessment, and approach/methodology. Test matrices included all Microsoft 32-bit Operating Systems as well as various network protocols, including TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, and NetBEUI.
- Authored Test Cases to include prerequisites, detailed directions and descriptions of the anticipated outcome. Automated some Test Cases through advanced DOS batch files and scripts written using Visual Test 4.0.
- Installed and administered the Test Lab, consisting of DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server, Windows 2000 Beta 3 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, and Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Established and maintained Trust relationships with the test lab s domains and other corporate domains.
- Provided OS and networking support for QA Testers.
- Tested deployment of applications in Enterprise environments during all phases of the product cycle. Worked with Developers, as necessary, to isolate and repair bugs. Tracked software problem reports using Lotus Notes. Verified resolutions.
- Developed and conducted training seminars on various topics, including “Effective Software Testing and Troubleshooting”, “Administrating Windows NT 4.0 Server and Workstation “, “General Networking Issues Related to Software Testing”, and Operating System Deployment and Configuration.
- Created, implemented and supported The Genesis Project: a simple, automated method to install a clean OS using advanced DOS batch files with an accompanying CD-Rom. Also utilized PowerQuest Drive Image to create backup images of clean Operating Systems. Provided batch files to Testers with an easy menu driven interface to select the file for restoration, then initialized PowerQuest s image restoration software in an automated mode. Both solutions supported full releases, upgrades, and Service Packs of all Microsoft 32-bit Operating Systems in eight different languages.
- Edited and participated in major revisions of the iGrafx Suite Network Installation documentation.
Carol, Inc., Derby, Utah
May 1997 through August 1998
Software Quality Engineer, Java Applets Team and Web Products Team
- Designed, developed, and executed Test Plans of Java Beans to be used in Open-J Suite.
- Tested web-based Java applications constructed with Enterprise Java Beans and utilizing CORBA ORB technologies.
- Tested on platforms including Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 beta .
- Communicated software bugs and enhancement ideas using established reporting procedures. Tracked reported issues through resolution.
- Conceptualized, implemented and maintained multiple web pages on company intranet, maintaining current information regarding ongoing projects with an emphasis on using current technologies including HTML, XML, ADML, and Java Applets, Java Beans and Java Scripts.
- Automated installation test cases using introspective Java Bean tools, batch files, and additional Java utilities written in-house.
- Designed, developed, and executed automated Test Plans and Test Cases for Carol WEB.SiteBuilder using Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 and AppTester, a proprietary language, developed in-house .
- Assisted other teams with testing of Carol Netscape English and Portuguese versions , CarolCENTRAL English, Swedish and Portuguese versions , and Carol WordPerfect Suite 8 for Windows NT/Alpha.
- Installed and configured Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 for duplication of ODMA-related customer issues.
Smart Link Technologies, Edinburg, Utah
February 1994 through August 1998
Quality Assurance Specialist and Windows NT Administrator
- Tested data retrieval systems, Infobases, created using Folio Technologies. Ensured accurate retrieval of company and product information for herbal manufacturing company resellers.
- Created and followed Test Plans to ensure efficient coverage within budget.
- Conducted detail-oriented problem analysis of procedures and computer systems in small businesses. Recommended complete solutions designed to improve overall company efficiency. Assisted clients in all levels of implementation, and measured and monitored increased performance. Provided timely top-level technical support to essential corporate clients.
- Recruited and managed contract employees.
- Supervised client accounts to ensure outstanding service.
- Configured and maintained Local Area Networks for clients. Installed hardware and configured software aspects of office networks implementing various network protocols.
- Maintained and upgraded computer hardware. Installed and configured software packages.
- Conducted Computer Literacy Training on the following topics: Understanding Computer Basics; Using DOS and Windows 3.11; Introduction to Windows 95; Introduction to the Internet; Using Electronic Mail; Using the Internet as a Productivity Tool; Designing HTML Documents; Using Windows 95; Using WordPerfect 6.1; Using WordPerfect Suite 7; Using WordPerfect Suite 8; and Using Word 6.
Enterprise Application Administration
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Enterprise software including Mercury TestDirector 6.x and 7i, Mercury WinRunner 6.x and 7.0, Microsoft SQL 7.0, Microsoft SQL 2000, the WordPerfect Office Suite, Microsoft Office, Microtech iGrafx Enterprise Suite, OpenDocs Open Document Management API ODMA , and various anti-virus software.
- Disk utilities such as WinImage, PowerQuest Drive Image, PowerQuest Partition Magic, and Norton Utilities.
- Integrated Development Environments, including JBuilder, Visual Cafe, and Visual C++.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Citrix Metaframe 1.8.
- Limited exposure installing and configuring Lotus Notes 4.6.3, Lotus Notes 5.0 Domino , and Microsoft SQL 6.5.
- Installation and maintenance of Internet and Intranet server software including Microsoft IIS 4.0, Microsoft IIS 5.0, War FTP Server, WS_FTP Server, Netscape Enterprise Server, Microsoft Proxy Server, and Netscape Proxy Server.
- Monitored network connections to Internet servers using Windows NT system tools as well as third-party applications.
- Administering and use of client software including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange client, Eudora, Netscape Communicator, and Internet Explorer.
- Installation and maintenance of user workstations.
- Maintenance and use of Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Pagemaker, Adobe Acrobat, PCAnywhere, Folio VIEWS, Microsoft Access, various CD creation utilities, and sound editing tools.
University of Utah; Salt Lake City, Utah.
Microsoft Certified Professional MCP certification in Windows NT 4.0.
Finished the coursework for the Microsoft Certified System Engineer MCSE certification in Windows NT. SQA Methodology.
Mercury Interactive WinRunner Webtest.
Mercury Interactive TestDirector.
Software/Hardware Test Engineer effective as both an independent and team worker. Exceptional problem solver and troubleshooter, with diverse technical knowledge, including writing computer driven test programs to evaluate embedded computer equipment. Development of test hardware interfaces to final products. System integration and signal analysis of complex large-scale data storage systems requiring the use of network analysis test equipment logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, spectrum analyzers , and computer test programs to verify system performance. Writing Acceptance Test Procedures for final product test certification. Provide training and support to Field Service personnel.
SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Strong technical skills in electronic hardware at both the system level and component level.
- Skilled in writing Unix operating system test suites borne shell, c-shell, Sed, AWK with functions written in the C programming language, and the Tcl programming language.
- Test suite development for evaluation of large-scale data storage systems NAS .
- Analysis of computer test program results NAS .
- Hands-on troubleshooting of systems with mechanical, electrical, and software components.
- Experienced in Small Computer System Interface SCSI standard.
- Proficient in use of high bandwidth measuring instruments, and signal generating equipment, for signal analysis and debug of analog and digital circuits.
- Experienced OrCAD schematic capture user.
- Experienced Windows 95/98/NT user.
- Proficient in writing PC DOS scripts.
- Development of sub-assembly test fixtures for signal processing systems.
- Development of Test Procedures for sub-assembly components.
- PC driven Test Hardware/Firmware development to emulate host operation of product.
The Best Electronics, Cupertino, California
July 2001 – October 2001
Test Engineer II
Development of test methods to be used by production technicians in testing wire harnesses using Cirris Systems automated testers. This work included identifying problems in the beta release of the Windows application of Cirris CTLynx for the COMPAQ computer. CTLynx is a windows PC application that communicates through a COM port of the PC to a controller in the Cirris Cable Tester. CTLynx is a library of commands that can be included within a compiled language for communication to the Cirris Cable Tester. These functions configure the Tester to perform Hypot or Continuity test profiles on a cable connected to the Tester.
Included in these responsibilities is selection of air and vacuum equipment to be used in testing semiconductor manufacturing equipment that uses compressed air and vacuum to control the manufacturing process.
AMEX DATA SYSTEMS, Oakland, California
1992 – 2001
Senior Test Engineer
NAS Development of Unix-based test harnesses for automated regression testing Black Box and White Box to interface to embedded computer 19mm Digital Tape Recorders using the Small Computer System Interface SCSI standard. The platforms used in this development were SUN WorkStations using the Solaris version of Unix. This test suite development was done in the c-shell which included writing programs using the Unix utilities Sed and AWK. The scope of this work included writing test scripts to verify system performance; the detection of failures, and the retrieval of system performance information at the time of failure for both the Tape Recorders and the Robot-controlled Library in which the tape recorders are installed. This work also included the development of test scripts in the Tcl scripting language, which were called from within the Unix c-shell test suite.
- Worked in close coordination with system hardware and software designers in performance and failure analysis of detected problems.
- Developed Unix test suite programs used in FCC certification testing of 19mm Digital Tape Recorders and Robot-controlled Library.
AMEX DATA SYSTEMS, Oakland, California
1990 – 1992
Senior Test Engineer
Primary responsibility was to provide engineering support to 19mm Digital Tape Recorder system development. This included development of test hardware interface between PC driven software and the recorder. Included within this hardware was 1.7 mbytes of SRAM, and associated control circuits, to store test data patterns to record and play back through the recorder.
- Checkout and integration of PC interface test hardware.
- Perform Acceptance Test Procedure on deliverable 19mm DD2 Recorders.
- Evaluation of 19mm Recorder Software and Hardware revisions using:
- Test scripts for PC driven test interface.
- Intelligent Peripheral Interface IPI-3 standard interface test equipment.
- Design validation test development: Creation of system tests to verify correct performance of 19mm tape recorder under all valid tape format configurations, as well as, fault detection verification for invalid tape formats and file transfer activities that did not conform to the format specification.
- Customer-site support of 19mm tape recorder during Host integration activities.
AMEX DATA SYSTEMS, Oakland, California
1987 – 1990
Development support of wideband 107mhz Digital Tape Recorder program through development of test equipment, procedures, and documents. Participated in system integration within Engineering group, and Final System Test group.
- User Interface Test Equipment: Design, develop, and document a versatile professional test interface which is an essential tool in evaluation and test of the recorder system.
- Wrote initial power-up and check-out procedure for the digital tape recorder.
- Provided documentation, test equipment, and special tools for system integration and testing.
AMEX DATA SYSTEMS, Oakland, California
1984 – 1987
Development of test equipment for mass-storage digital tape recorder. Development of instrumentation panel for multiple output general-purpose laboratory power supplies.
- Assist in wideband signal system experiments, which included maintenance of a baseline engineering evaluation tape recorder system test-bed and configuration of signal analysis test set-ups.
- Technical support for mass-storage digital tape recorder Read/Write Hybrid Micro-circuit development, and associated test equipment. This activity included the development of a test fixture to evaluate the thermal characteristics of hybrid circuits during operation, using Pelter-effect thermoelectric modules to test the hybrids at the temperature extremes of -10 to +80 degrees C.
- Development, in the Pascal language, of data channel analysis software for testing the signal processing system of digital tape recorders. Random and pattern-dependent errors were separately quantified.
Obtained formal training from Mission College, Santa Clara, Calif, Associate in Science Electronics ; Electronics School, Naval Air Technical Training Center, Memphis, Tenn., also completed courses in Pascal and C programming.
Summary of qualifications:
I have spent the past 12 years in the mainframe, PC, and Internet testing environments, working with a large customer base to meet their business needs. I have functioned as a Testing Project Lead and have served on various corporate committees representing the Q/A department. I have experience in both manual and automated testing, with a specialty in end-user manual testing. I am experienced in the lifecycle of a project from inception to final production. I have performed Q/A testing in both the reporting and processing environments.
June, 2000 present
Versus Systems, Dallas, TX
Quality Assurance Analyst
Represent QA in all phases of product development including requirement, design, construction, testing, implementation, code reviews and support. Conduct detailed analysis of software development requirements to determine testability. Perform risk analysis. Perform detailed testing and write/execute test plans for black box, white box and regression testing in both Unix and Internet based environments. Work closely with developers during test execution to ensure proper communication of defects. Manage defect tracking and defect reporting for assigned projects. Write detailed test documentation supporting assigned deliverables. Meet scheduled deliverables as defined by product manager. Interact with product support and customer service teams. Provide technical guidance and general help to less experienced QA staff. Support and perform maintenance on the QA web server and app server including daily environment builds, KIVA functions, and file syncs. Troubleshoot QA environment problems for internal and external customers. Applications currently supported include XML transactions, e-commerce, and AMF transactions.
September 1997 June 2000
Blue Cross Health Plan, Arlington, TX
Analyst Tester II lead
Function as Testing Project Lead for all government/Medicare systems in the health plan, in Visual Basic and/or M204 environments: Participate in initial high-level evaluations and estimates for customer business needs. Participate in technical specification designs. Assign projects and deadlines to testers in my team. Evaluate team s test plans and aid in their design as needed. Monitor team s progress and adherence to standards and business needs. Track defects in Test Director and supply defect reports as required. Coordinate all communication between the development team and the testing team. Review and sign-off on all release documentation. Review final product with customers and train them on new processes if necessary. Provide personnel evaluations for team members to management.Additional responsibilities include the creation of test scenarios, test scripts and test data, utilizing both automated testing tools and manual testing. Maintain and run regression tests. Write query scripts to gather test data in M204. Evaluate test results for accuracy and completeness in both a mainframe and PC environment. Report problems identified during testing in Test Director, and follow each defect through to closure. Assist in the creation of testing standards for quality assurance, functional compliance and application performance. Assist in the creation of testing standards for operational function – data integrity, data accuracy and screen flows. Evaluate software for adherence to system standards and usability norms. Verify accuracy of processes designed to accept data input by, or received from, outside entities. Serve on committee to develop new technical specification requirements document.
March 1989 September 1997
Crystal Insurance, Dallas, TX
Technical Analyst / Lead Tester
Responsibilities included design and Q/A testing of marketing software in both Windows and DOS environments. Provide problem determination and document test results. Design input screens and output reports. Design and implement automated, manual and regression testing criteria for all product lines. Write testcases. Write technical documentation for end users. Design and maintain current Help system. Assure compliance with all current and purposed state regulations. Act as a liaison between agents, Corporate Marketing, Corporate Legal and Systems. Provide technical help desk assistance to internal and external customers.
March 1983 March 1989
Southern Life Insurance, Waco, TX
Policy Service Technician
Process loans, withdrawals, 1099 reporting and complex policy changes. Develop and maintain the company s first group life system. Telephone support to agents and customers.
Hardware, Software and Methodologies List:
- Visual Safe Source VSS
- Visual Basic
- MS Word
- Test Director
- Remedy Defect Tracking
- Net Term
- Automated testing using in-house software
- Technical writing
- ULead Gif Animator
- Black box testing
- White box testing
- Regression testing
A Senior, Technical, Quality Assurance and Software Test Analyst with over ten years of experience in using computer technology for business process automation. Able to apply broad technical and functional expertise to organize and implement white- and black-box test efforts and to analyze requirements for software design, development, and validation.
SKILLS INVENTORY AND KNOWLEDGE AREAS
Application Walk-through; Automated Testing; Black-Box Testing; Client-Server Testing; Code Review; Cross-cultural Communication; Design Analysis; Design Review; Documentation; End-to-End Testing; Functionality Testing; Graphical User Interface GUI Testing; Independent Validation & Verification IV&V ; Integration Testing; Interface Testing; Meeting Management; Oral Presentation; Problem-Bug-Enhancement Reporting; Problem Solving; Project Planning, Estimating, and Tracking; Proposal Writing, Quality Assurance QA of software test efforts; Rational Unified Process RUP , Regression Testing; Requirements Analysis; Requirements Definition; Requirements Traceability; Resume Review and Candidate Interviews; Risk Assessment; Software Test Design plans, cases, procedures, scripts, scenarios, matrices, etc. ; Structured Inspections; Systems Analysis; System Testing; Team Building; Test Status Reporting; Tester Training; Unified Modeling Language UML , User Acceptance Testing; White-Box Testing, Year 2000 Compliance
SOFTWARE, PLATFORMS, AND TOOLS
Languages: BASIC, C, FTP, HTML, Pascal, SQL, Test Script Language TSL , UNIX Shell Script, Visual Basic
Mainframe: DB2, DynaComm Elite 3270, File-AID
PC: Adobe Acrobat, Banyan Vines, dBase IV, Clear Case, ClearQuest, Code Wright, Citrix Winframe, Cognos, Datatect, Defect Control System, DOS, Exceed, Formtool, GrabIt Pro, Lawson Insight, LoadRunner 6.5, Lotus 1-2-3, Lotus Notes, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Explorer, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Publisher, MS Visio, MS Word, Netscape , Norton Utilities, Novell Netware, Oracle 8.1.6, PC-Connect, Peregrine Service Center, PVCS Tracker, PVCS Version Manager, QA Partner, Remedy Action Request System, Requisite Pro, SQL Plus, TOAD, TCP/IP, Telnet, Test Director 6.0, Windows 95/98, Windows NT, WinRunner 7.0, WinVi, WinZip, Word Perfect, WP for Windows, Xtree Gold
UNIX: HP UNIX, Vi, Rational ClearCase
Nextstep: EO Modeler, Grab, NeXT Mail, OmniWeb
Macintosh: Adobe Photoshop, Claris Works, Conflict Catcher, Filemaker Pro, MacDraw II, Mac OS 8.0, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Works, Netscape Navigator, Norton Utilities, Quark Express, Virex
Member, American Society for Quality ASQ
Lake Erie College, B.S., International Business, magna cum laude, 1992
Specialization in Computer Information and Decision Systems
Certificate of Completion in Computer Programming, Dec. 2001
U.S. Department of Agriculture Graduate School, Washington, DC
- Object-Oriented and Structured Analysis using UML and RUP
- Database Design
- PC Preventative Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- UNIX and UNIX Command Shell Programming
- C Programming, HTML, Oracle SQL, and Visual Basic
ESI/George Washington University Project Management Certification Program
Received Certificates of Completion for courses in Managing Software Quality May 2001 , and Software Testing Apr. 2001
USDPI Conference on Testing Computer Software, Bethesda, MD
2001: Conference Attendee
2000: One-Day Tutorial, Fundamentals of Testing Software Intensive Systems by Selim Aissi of Intel
RECENT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
State Foundation for Medical Care, White Church, VA
Apr. 2001 present
Senior Lead Programmer Analyst
On a subcontract to Northrop Grumman serve as Senior Test Engineer for the Department of Defense Worldwide TRICARE Information Center. The call center contract is to implement Oracle Applications: Financials, Customer Relations Management CRM , and Telephony Management OTM on a thin-client intra/internet multi-tiered Oracle network computing architecture NCA . The front-end uses Netscape or Internet Explorer IE on a Windows 2000 or Windows NT workstation. The middle tier consists of Oracle products residing on NT Telephony , IBM AIX, or HP 9000 UNIX servers and connecting to a RAID hosting an Oracle database back-end . Oracle Applications are developed using Oracle Forms, PL/SQL, and Java technologies. Test development and deployment of COTS applications. Conduct front- and back-end, white- and black-box, system, performance, functional, requirements, design, regression, and production-readiness tests. Write and execute test plans, cases and procedures. Design test scenarios and data. Perform code review of Unix shell scripts, PL/SQL packages, and Java programs to derive requirements, test conditions, identify defects and debug code. Make minor code changes to Java program under tutelage of senior programmer. Verify database test results using TOAD and SQL Plus. Capture test artifacts using Access, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, and Word. Confirm requirements stored in Requisite Pro. Identify test programs and retrieve copies from ClearCase. Log bug reports in ClearQuest. Developed and modified test flat files using Notepad, Vi, and WinVi. Use Telnet and Exceed to FTP test files among Unix servers and NT workstations. Model testing processes in MS Project and Visio. Conducted automated test tool comparison between Mercury Interactive s WinRunner and Rational Software s Robot GUI test tools and provided recommendation. Serve as test representative to project s System Process Engineering Group SPEG . Participated Capability Maturity Model CMM Level 3 preliminary audit. Serve as KPA Owner for Level 3 KPA, Integrated Software Management IM . Author test portions of project proposals. Received training in CMM, Peer Review Moderator, and LoadRunner. Verified and modified automated test scripts created in WinRunner 7.0.
ABC Contract Services, Vienna, VA
Nov. 2000 Mar. 2001
Senior Software Test Engineer
Held senior test engineer position for a pharmaceutical order entry and inventory control system with an intranet browser-based component. The core application comprised a front-end developed in Visual Basic VB and Synergy running on a Windows NT or Citrix Winframe workstation, and a backend developed in C and Synergy using an Oracle 7.3, 8.1.6 database and running on a Digital Unix server. Perform system, interface, integration, functional, requirements, design, black- and white-box tests. Participate in requirements review, and functional and technical design review meetings. Perform IV&V of developer unit tests. Create test cases, write test procedures, develop test data, and log defects in Test Director 6.0. Perform front-end GUI validation and back-end database verification SQL Plus, TOAD of requirements. Start and stop UNIX processes, run scripts, review log files, and query databases.
Simpson & Hamilton, Arlington, VA
Jan. 2000 Oct. 2000
Senior Software Test Engineer
Held senior test engineer position for a military inventory-control system using a client server application and a hand-held device, being developed under contract from the Department of Defense DOD and a Foreign Military Sales FMS client government overseas. The application comprised a PowerBuilder front-end running on Windows NT client and an Oracle database running on Windows NT server. The handheld device used a C/C++ user interface UI and DOS. It connects to the database using radio frequency RF technology and Java middleware. In a RAD environment, performed GUI, UI, system, end-to-end, requirements, design, black- and white-box testing of application and hand-held device. Wrote and revised test scripts. Developed test scenarios and test data scenarios. Participated in test strategy planning sessions for in-country and field tests. Used Powerbuilder, T.O.A.D., Access, and SQL Plus to validate and manipulate database tables. Used Datatect to create and load test data into database. Wrote system change requests SCRs using Clear Quest. Participated in System Review Boards SRBs to evaluate and classify submitted defects. Prepared and distributed formal meeting minutes.
New Age Systems, Vienna, VA
Apr. 1999 Jan. 2000
Senior Software Test Engineer
Held test lead and test engineer positions for client-server applications. Tested and coordinated test efforts for applications with Oracle databases on HP50 servers running AIX, and with clients running Powerbuilder or Visual Basic VB applications and Windows 95. Analyzed Software Requirements Specification SRS and Software Design Description SDD documents to develop test strategies. Prepared formal test documentation including test plans, cases, procedures, and reports using American Red Cross ARC Standard Operating Procedures SOPs , Capability Maturity Model CMM key practices, and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers IEEE standards, for Federal Drug Administration FDA regulatory compliance, and in cooperation with ARC Quality Control QC and Quality Assurance QA formal review processes. Performed system testing, server rehost testing, regression testing, and black box testing. Performed database validation using SQL Plus. Wrote Software Problem Reports SPRs and participated in Change Control Boards CCBs .
ACM Technologies, Bethesda, MD
Mar. 1998 – Mar. 1999
Held test coordinator and test analyst positions for Lotus Notes, client-server, and mainframe applications. Investigated, sampled, and selected automated test tool. Reviewed SQA Team Test, QA Run, and WinRunner. Analyzed Notes applications for Y2K compliance: Analyzed design and properties for forms, fields, and views; examined design synopsis, functions, and Lotus script. Tested applications using Windows 95, DOS, or terminal emulator clients; using Notes Domino, MS SQL Server, DB2 or IDMS databases; and running on Windows NT servers or IBM mainframe. Coordinated test efforts of third-party vendor for Notes applications using MS Project. Performed independent verification and validation IV&V of third party test efforts. Passed background check Form 85-P . Recorded and wrote WinRunner scripts using TSL. Prepared test plans, test cases, test data, and automated test scripts. Conducted peer and developer reviews of test documents. Executed Y2K compliance tests, documented results, and prepared binders for General Accounting Office GAO review. Interviewed and selected test position candidates. Participated in contingency planning for mission-critical applications.
Digital Experts, Vienna, VA
Mar. 1997 – Mar. 1998
Software Test Analyst
Held production support, test analyst, and test lead positions for multiple releases of small and large client-server applications. Coordinated test efforts of 3-8 person test teams. Negotiated inter-departmental test agreements. Evaluated test efforts and resource requirements for management. Interviewed test position candidates. Performed system, acceptance, end-to-end, integration, regression, and production readiness tests on client-server applications using Oracle databases, running on Unix servers, and using NeXTSTEP clients. Queried and verified Oracle database tables using EO Modeler and SQL Plus. Executed SQL, Perl, and UNIX scripts to perform updates and queries. Implemented project test plans and strategies. Ensured continued progress on test efforts. Conducted peer and developer reviews of test materials. Investigated and resolved low- and mid-level test issues for management. Prepared test plans and reported test progress.
New Age Systems, Vienna, VA
Oct. 1996 – Feb. 1997
Software Test Analyst
Held test analyst positions for Benecom Web Project, iAccess NextGen Project, and One Call Transaction Processing System. On Windows 95 client, tested GUI, on-line documentation, real-time web page assembly, real-time assembly of hardcopy documents, and overall system functionality. Queried and modified tables on DB2 database using FileAID and Access. Conducted automated record and playback regression tests with QA Partner. Analyzed requirements documents. Wrote test plans and cases using MS Office. Implemented plans and executed tests. Recorded test results and wrote bug reports using PVCS Tracker.
Safe Information, Vienna, VA
Jul. 1995 – Oct. 1996
Software Test Analyst
Held test analyst and lead positions for multiple releases of small, medium, and large client-server and standalone PC applications. Tested graphical user interface GUI , import/export functionality, and on-line documentation for PC-Windows, DOS, and client-server applications. Tested intranet applications using Netscape and Unix browsers. Performed system, acceptance, regression, production readiness, and end-to-end tests on applications developed in Lotus Notes, Visual Basic, Visual C, and C++. Conducted automated record and playback testing using WinRunner. Tested internal and external communications infrastructures using LAN, PC-Connect, and TCP/IP. Analyzed technical specifications. Designed test strategies. Developed test plans and test scenarios. Wrote Requirements Test Matrices RTMs and test scripts. Implemented test plans and executed manual test scripts. Documented and tracked problem reports using Remedy and DCS. Reported daily status of test activities. Trained junior analyst in software test techniques and methodology.
Fannie Mae, Washington, DC
Apr. 1995 Jun. 1995
Organized layout of user reference guide and wrote user documentation. Analyzed and informally tested NeXTSTEP database application. Examined and interpreted technical specifications, and interviewed developers and business experts to gather resource materials.
Secure a position in Quality Assurance where I can provide value to the quality process.
Summary of Qualifications:
Experienced: All aspects of QA, QA methodology, and the SDLC, including CMM, ISO 9002. Experienced in other areas of IT: software development, systems administration, network administration, and operations management.
QA Process: Developed/maintained test plans, test cases, black box/white box testing, defect tracking and reporting, automation test suites, procedures documentation.
Automation Tools: Rational Test Suite, Visual Test, Empirix e-Test Suite, Segue Silk Test, WAS stress tool, with scripting experience i.e. VB script, ksh/perl, Test4 .
Configuration Management: Clearcase, Visual Source Safe, SCCS.
Defect Tracking: ClearDDTS and ClearQuest, MS Raid.
OS Experience: Strong UNIX HP & Sun , Windows 95/98, NT/2K, legacy platforms Prime, VAX, and others .
Scripting: Korn Shell, Perl, VB Script, Windows Scripting Host, scripting on legacy platforms.
Web Skills: HTML, CGI, Apache, MS IIS, and experience in Java environments JSPs, EJB, Java script , DB integration.
Database: Sybase, Informix, MS SQL Server 7/2000. Supporting DB Administrators, SQL scripting.
Systems Administration: UNIX and WinNT/2K building servers, test lab setup/teardown , MS IIS, MS SQL Server 7/2000, and legacy platforms.
Internet/Network Skills:Solid understanding of Internet technologies, experience in building and managing a nation-wide switched network.
Other Tools: All MS Office applications to a level of writing imbedded Visual BASIC in these , Samba, Scopus, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Secure CRT, Reflection, PC Anywhere, Visio, Apache and CGI scripting, MS Front Page, IE and Netscape, Some Java technology, OO code Visual BASIC, WSH, and some C++ , MoDems, switches, routers and hubs.
Jul. 2001 – Oct. 2001
Pasific Systems, Inc., San Francisco, California
QA Analyst IV, Automation Lead Engineer
- Lead QA automation engineer for the Pasific Systems s trade floor applications testing.
- Project management, training and mentoring for other engineers and test team.
- Liaison between QA and business unit managers, development teams, and support staff, and thus acted as the primary resource for resolving issues.
- Successful completion of projects involving SCM utilizing Clearcase and Defect tracking using ClearQuest.
- Utilized Rational ROBOT for automated testing, and supported leading quality consultant in this effort.
- Improved overall quality process by implementing project management procedures, documentation, and working to define our quality model, in line with CMM definitions.
- Lead in change management projects, communicating, reporting Crystal Reports for defect tracking and change control issues, documentation, and presentations Power Point .
- Fixed numerous problems with the installation and use of the Rational Test Suite of tools.
- Performed tools administration, scripting where necessary, administration of Windows 2K, SQL server 2000, and required UNIX administration in order to resolve issues with the tools and the testing environment.
Nov. 2000 – Apr. 2001
RTF Exchange, San Francisco, California
Senior QA Engineer
- Lead test automation engineer for web-based and client/server based applications for specialized search technology.
- Creation of test plans and test cases, and templates for these; supervised test teams work for each test phase.
- Charged with maintenance of build servers, and SCM, utilizing Visual Source Safe.
- Load/Stress testing with WAS, Automation testing with Silk Test and Epirix e-Test Suite, defect tracking using MS RAID.
- Scripting where required with perl, ksh, Test4 and VB Script.
- Windows 2K administration duties as needed for setup/teardown of test lab servers and desktop testing clients.
- Provided any required technical support for QA, development, business managers, project managers, and operations.
- Training and mentoring other QA staff, support for operations, business managers, product managers, reporting and communication to all departments.
- Defined new quality model in line with CMM definitions, and created a company-wide presentation for communicating role of QA in line with new model, and individual s role in the quality process.
Jan. 2000 – Oct. 2000
Crown Enterprise, Oakland, California
Analyst, QA & Support Systems
- Successful setup of automation test assets using Empirix e-Test Suite and Visual BASIC; created all test plans, test cases and automation test scripts for Crown Enterprise s online trade applications.
- Developed automation test procedures/policies for QA; defined Quality model in line with CMM definition.
- Worked with and supported release team on applications deployment and acceptance testing.
- Provided technical assistance to operations, DB administrators, server administration team, business unit managers/users, trade desk staff, and our QA team.
- Testing efforts became more automated as opposed to completely manual prior to my start.
- Supported development team in unit testing and integration testing and testing Java technologies EJB, JSPs, Java Script .
- Utilizing HTML, Apache, CGI scripting, created company Intranet with a vast resource for production batch job documentation, QA documentation including our new quality model , technical support documentation, production release schedules, and change control/defect tracking status and information.
- Utilized Web Trends to provide usage statistics and web server performance metrics to management on company Intranet.
- Successfully implemented automated production monitoring using web application monitoring features of e-Test Suite and MS Outlook so that support personnel could be paged during any failure, thus increasing our online reliability.
Mar. 1999 – Jul. 1999
Albertson Truck Lines, Inc., Haywood, California
Director of Information Systems
- Charged with the direction of Information Systems and Telecommunications for this leading West Coast trucking company.
- Involved in management of systems, operations, servers, communications all telecom equipment, wireless solutions, service providers, network providers, switches, routers, hubs, ISPs, satellite tracking equipment, our VPN, fax equipment .
- Supervised the software development team, systems maintenance vendors, operations/technical support staff.
- Implemented problem tracking and change management procedures in order to streamline the support and change management process; created a searchable knowledge base from incidents as added value.
- Instituted a more robust quality process through proper documentation, procedures definition and training efforts.
- Successfully resolved issues with company VPN, and numerous other issues with voice/data network and equipment.
- Managed all technology vendors, and maintained IT budget.
Sep. 1994 – Feb. 1999
Davidoff Global Investors, San Francisco, California
Production Control Specialist
- Specialized in quality management, primarily in production support and operations.
- Supported all aspects of QA and change management; support for our testing efforts and the build and release process.
- Worked to refine and automate the QA and release process by incorporating new technologies and tools Clearcase, ClearDDTS, Scopus and others .
- Responsible for tools administration for the above tools, assisted with UNIX and Windows NT administration.
- Provided all necessary support for QA on legacy applications/platforms Prime, VAX .
- Often chaired weekly global change control meetings, and provided answers or support where needed.
- Provided all support, testing, for all of BGI s financial applications, including Securities Lending, Fixed Income systems, Asset Allocation, Price Loads, Data Cleansing, Settlements, Cash Management, Trade Floor Operations, International Equities, production operations, technical support, network and server administration, and any other area as required.
- Worked on projects for migration to new platforms, implementing new QA procedures and tools, Y2K certification, T+3 settlements project, Euro implementation and more.
- Managed and reorganized our large production job documentation repository about 350 documented procedures .
- Strong Unix, Windows, HTML, perl, ksh, VB scripting and knowledge of tools, QA procedures, operations procedures and much more were utilized in this role; numerous other tools such as Alexandria, Net Backup, and many others were learned.
- Charged with responsibility of production releases for all of BGI offices worldwide.
Jul. 1988 – Sep. 1994
Morgan Jewelers, Oakland, California
Systems Administrator/Operations Manager
- Hired as software developer in Business BASIC for Albertson s retail operations and one year later, promoted to Systems Administration and Operations Management.
- Charged with managing the systems and operations of Albertson s data center.
- Successfully implemented numerous projects to refine the operations and automation of the data center:
- Key player on team to build Albertson s new data center and operations support facility.
- Built and supported the chain s entire nation-wide switched network resulting in a more robust connectivity to systems.
- SPOOLing project resulting in driving the chain s printing needs with significantly less resources, and no degradation in performance.
- Automated the software release process via the switched network resulting in releases occurring in a few hours as opposed to a week or more.
- Automated remote data center operations and systems monitoring resulting in increased uptime.
- Lead role in building help desk, hiring, training and mentoring of new operations/help desk staff.
- Provided all support for any technical issues to all departments, and management.
- Lead role in implanting new systems, such as AS/400, and new applications and provided all support.
- In charge of Vendor management, network management, acted as right-hand person to Director of MIS Operations.
- Assisted with operations budget, RFP s, support for VP of store operations, VP of Finance and Credit, fraud control, security issues, every piece and type of equipment, POS systems, desktop support, wiring/cabling, telecom equipment, and more.
- Used, learned and adopted numerous tools, technologies and systems: OS/2, OS/400, Prime, PCLink, LAN Manager, Windows, CSU/DSU s, MoDem s, Autodialers, POS Systems, Fair Isaac applications, JDE applications, AT&T PBX Octel , Business BASIC, C, data analyzers, breakout boxes, multimeters, Leibert UPS, PDU, and HVAC and much, much more.
Oct. 1985 – Jun. 1988
United Printing & Supply, Concord, California
Applications programming in COBOL and Fortran IV/77 for printing company was my primary responsibility. Involved in systems administration, client support, QA testing, release management, and operations.
Jun. 1983 – Sep. 1985
Saint Thomas College, Palo Alto, California
Built the new computer facility for the campus to be used by students, administrators, faculty and staff. It was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. Managed a staff of 11 to 14 required to run the facility, and automated operations procedures. Provided training, documentation and conducted various workshops for administrators, faculty and staff.
Jan. 1980 – Jan. 1982
Chemical Investments, U.S.A., Walnut Creek, California
Started as an intern at Chemical Investments as a software developer on R&D applications then moved into systems administration and operations management. Laboratory automation, software testing, and release management were some of my other responsibilities.
Diablo Valley College – certification in Computer Science – 1983
Los Medanos College – majoring in business
H/P UNIX course certificate -1996
Clearcase course certificate – 1996
Pure Software DDTS course certificate – 1996
Scopus Technologies course certificate – 1995
IBM AS/400 – OS/400 Sys Op certificate – 1992
Prime Systems Administration certificate – 1983
References: Available upon request.
Emma D. Fitch
Bridgetown, New Jersey
Highly motivated IT professional with 16+ years Crispen Group Laboratories experience and an M.S. in Computer Science. Skilled in all aspects of test planning, scenario and test case development, test execution, and configuration management. Experienced developing and implementing complex testing plans for standalone and inter-system environments. Familiar with load testing, verifying various user interfaces and automated testing tools. Strong team player skilled in gaining consensus and commitment within the team. Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills. Able to establish strong working relationships with suppliers and customers. Able to change gears and react quickly to new challenges.
OS/Environments: UNIX, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 98, PC-DOS, VAX/VMS
Development Applications: C, C++, Kshell, awk, SQL, Java, SABLIME configuration management system, nmake software construction tool, Rational ClearCase.
Hardware: Sun SPARC, HP UNIX Servers, Tandem FT UNIX Servers, Intel-based PCs.
Software: Oracle, Informix, Kshell, awk, MS Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, FrontPage
Integration Tester on International Project
Project was to deliver a Service Dispatch and Trouble Resolution system for a Canadian corporation. Outside technician had the system running on a PC Laptop client. Inside dispatchers had the system running on a Web-based server. Technicians would dial-up to receive their next job. Responsible for understanding, developing and executing complex test scenarios.
- Independently learned to operate the Web-based and PC-based GUIs. Web-based code was written in Java for Netscape 4 running on Windows NT. PC-based GUI was written in C++ and executed on laptop s running Windows 95. Back end processes ran on HP UNIX servers running HP UX. Networking consisted of TCP/IP utilizing Cisco Routers.
- Created application specific trouble tickets in both English and French, and generated service orders resulting in actual end-to-end transactions during testing that closely mirrored real-time transactions.
- Identified many software defects during testing that would otherwise have gone undetected until after deployment.
- Learned emerging application front-end functionality and evolving requirements being implemented.
- Authored a detailed test plan and associated test cases for three complex application features.
- Studied the various types of data elements that the front end utilized and developed realistic test data, ensuring that testing would be authentic and comprehensive.
- Verified results of testing by writing queries against the Oracle 7 database to compare trouble ticket opening and closing with related changes to the database.
System tester on International Project
Project was to deliver a Service Dispatch and Trouble Resolution system for a Canadian corporation. Outside technician had the system running on a custom PC Laptop client. Inside dispatchers had the system running on a Web-based server. Technicians would dial-up to receive their next job. Responsible for understanding, developing and executing complex test scenarios.
- Wrote the test plan for Web-based and PC-based GUIs. Web-based GUI was written in Java for Netscape 4 running on Windows NT. PC-based GUI was written in C++ to execute on PC s running Windows 95. Back end processes ran on HP UNIX servers running HP UX. Networking consisted of TCP/IP utilizing Cisco Routers.
- Wrote and executed 200+ test cases.
- Participated in load testing, using the Web-based GUI and testing the user interface using the actual custom laptop.
System tester for Complex Application Wireless Project
Project was to deliver Service Dispatch and Trouble Resolution system to a Regional Bell Operating Company. Outside technician utilized a wireless PC Laptop Client to access existing legacy main frame back-end systems. Responsible for understanding, developing and executing complex test scenarios and supporting the product Field Trial. Software was developed using C++ and executed on PC s running Windows 3.2.
- Wrote and executed over 100 test cases. Provided management with project specific statistics for the number of Modification Requests and test cases.
- Provided on-site support for a leading edge Wireless Trial as part of the application test team. The main objective was to increase use of the application by real users, so the new technology could be evaluated.
- Identified technicians who were not accessing the application. Contacted them and provided training and coaching to them to encourage them to use the hardware and software that had been distributed to them.
- Increased the number of users accessing the system on a daily basis from less than 10 to 30+. This additional usage provided data necessary to complete the trial successfully.
- Promoted to Member of Technical Staff after completion of assignment.
Build Engineer for a Bill Reporting Project having 3000+ files
Project was to deliver a Call Detail Billing system to a leading Long Distance Telephone Company. Software was written in C and C++ and ran on Tandem FT UNIX servers. Responsible for Source Code Control and compilation in support of 40+ developers and 10 testers.
- Established and administered the SABLIME product administration system platform for the department.
- Configured, installed and tested all hardware and software necessary to initiate SABLIME.
- Provided technical mentoring to novice users of SABLIME.
- Migrated SABLIME platform from NCR hardware to Sun hardware without impacting delivery dates or intervals.
- Evaluated various test and build tools and recommended use of the nmake software construction tool as a build tool within my department.
- Provided training and nmake consultation to developers.
- Delivered 11 final loads and 50+ interim loads to system test, on time. This work was done under severe time constraints and required significant off-hours scheduling.
Developer/System Tester for Billing Application Project
Project was to deliver a Billing Data system to Regional Bell Operating Companies. Software was written in C and C++ and ran on Sun servers. Responsible for upgrading development H/W and S/W environment, including ordering all H/W and S/W, without interfering with product delivery schedules.
- Upgraded development servers of a development Platform from SunOS 4.1 to Solaris 2.3 platform. Concurrently upgraded all other third-party software.
- Documented all activities and procedures for deployment to field installation personnel.
- Tested documentation to ensure usability and accuracy. The documentation was successfully utilized to upgrade a production server on a customer site.
- Developed enhancements to generate new Informix reports using SQL.
Crispen Group Laboratories
- System Tester Whippany, NJ 2001
- Configuration Manager/Build Engineer Mt. Olive, NJ 1999 – 2000
- System/Integration Tester Warren, NJ 1998 – 1999
- System Tester/Configuration Manager Warren, NJ 1995 – 1998
- Configuration Manager/Build Engineer Warren, NJ 1991 – 1994
- Software Developer Summit, NJ 1989 – 1991
- Software Developer Piscataway, NJ 1984 – 1989
M.S., Computer Science, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ
B.A., Chemistry, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
Hardware: Pentium III, PC Client on MS/Novell LAN Network & DEC Pathworks Server, Sun Solaris OS 5.6, HP UX 9000 UNIX Server, IBM OS2/PM, DEC 8200 VAX/VMS and MicroVAX, Win95/98/NT/2000, MAC G3, MS Dos 7.0, IBM ES9XXX OS/MVS/ESA, IBM 309X VM/CMS, IBM 4341 DOS/VSE
Software: MS Commerce Server 2000, MS Content Management Server, DB2 Universal Database and Oracle for Windows NT, Visual Source Safe, Win2k Terminal Services, Crystal Reports for PeopleSoft, PVCS Version Manager/Tracker, TRACK, Vantive, Silk, TestDirector, WinRunner, Pure Performix, QA Robot, TCP/IP ISP Testing, QA Methodology, Exceed, Telnet, Saxon, XML, XSL, ClearCase, UNIX C-Shell, HP UNIX Animator and VI Editor, UNIX and PERL Shell Scripting, Oracle 7, SQL/RDBMS, SQL*Forms 4.0, SQL*Plus 2.0, Static SQL, Sybase System10, VS COBOL, COBOL II, APS/SCOBOL, IMS DB/DC, DL/1, DB2, QMF, SPUFI, VSAM, PLX/PLI, CICS, TSO ISPF/PDF, SDSF, OS JCL, Panvalet, Librarian, Expeditor, DYL280, Eztrieve, File-Aid, File-Aid for DB2, IMS/XPERT, CLISTs, IBM Utilities, FASTTAPE, BMC, Rumba, Extra!, Reflection 4, PSB and DBD Gens, DB2 Binds, DLT0, Syncsort, DataAger, Abend-Aid, Endeavor, SAR, Full System Life Cycle, CA7, DataManager, Microsoft Office 2000, Outlook and Project, Visio, cc:Mail, Lotus Notes, Infoman and PCS
Methodologies: QA Black Box, White Box Testing, Understanding of JAVA test tool, JTEST and test framework JUNIT and JAVA knowledge and concepts , Full System and QA Lifecycle, all phases and deliverables
November 2001 to June 2002
CDEP Inc.,San Francisco, CA
CDEP Inc Direct, Test QA Engineer
Planned, designed, developed, executed tool test cases in Test Director for Microsoft CS2K Commerce Server 2000 Biz Desk Security and Analysis reporting tool modules, CMS Site Builder managing repository of templates, web pages, image placeholders, file structure, security rights for departmental/functional role level access and workflow , CMS Asset Transfer from Photo Studio and Web Author Edit editing components, i.e. – placeholders, templates, pages, text, and images; creating, publishing, and approving web pages . Gathered requirements to design test cases from business requirements, business analysts, developers, subject matter experts and user education coordinators. Regression tested basic and critical functionality after each build. Actively participated in daily bug meetings reviewing new and reopened defects. Also responsible for the custom piece – Photo Studio Asset Transfer to CMS Data structure. Validated the transfer process to the Content Management Server DB hierarchy involving metadata structure parameters in properties files on local server via to a dropsite server. Worked closely with Microsoft development teams to coordinate test case execution and was involved in test environment setup. Logged defects in TD. Banana Republic BR Replatform project took existing BR product line website with its ordering system and RTCA real-time credit authorization architecture and integrated it into Microsoft CS2K and CMS Content Management Server Product Catalog and Campaign Manager. Migration to MS SQL7 server is also part of the planned replatform.
February 2001 to October 2001
Gerard International, Pleasanton, CA
MJ Plus, Enterprise System Test QA Engineer
Planned, designed, developed, executed Enterprise System QA test cases and data for new Gerard website integrating full Staffing Office functionality, job search engine, candidate matching, payroll, job posting, front and back office staff function, etc. into one site. Gathered requirements to design test cases from business requirements. Coordinated, planned and executed system interfaces test cases using AutoSys to release batch jobs for each Iteration. Used DB2 for NT to modify, reset data to baseline test case conditions.
Under the direction of the QA and Project Test Managers, performed project design, planning and coordination of Enterprise System Test environment of required components – hardware, databases, files, system servers, software, tools, etc. Participated in meeting with Host System Engineering, DBA, Front and Back Office Support Staff to establish basis of EST Test Infrastructure. Executed Test Cases and entered observed and recorded defects in System and QA Acceptance Test using PVCS Tracker. Revisit defect fixes, revalidate code changes in Tracker.
Analyzed, documented downstream interface flows between PeopleSoft and MJ Plus. Planning went forward in a dynamic environment, amidst major upgrades to system software and patches and releases, newly expanded data center, Oracle to DB2 vendor switch and conversion of key databases, changes to Accounting system vendor, Chart of Accounts, Line of Business, reporting level changes, revised Iteration release, test and rollout schedules, newly deployed applications, client number and other data conversion, Program Office and Change Control Board approval changes. Ability to track issues was paramount in design and development of environment and test case planning.
Determine test plan time dependencies, define scope of testing based upon the requirements, test case design approach from information available from Program Specification and System Design documents and meetings/communication with Business Support Analysts, Program Office, Cognizant external development team , Interface Systems owners, Functional Analysts, RHI and CTS Development teams. Record, distribute Meeting notes, design agenda and wrote Enterprise System Test Infrastructure Environment business document. Met and worked with Performance/Load Test QA analyst to establish system load volumes of web data iterations.
August 2000 to December 2000
CHARLES WARREN COMPANY, San Francisco, CA
US Trust – QA Engineer
Planned, designed, developed, executed QA test cases and data for revamped US Trust, COLA website integrating Schwab Retail accounts into the US Trust client Web experience from business requirements. Cloned existing accounts from Schwab retail profiles, set-up and linked Tax-ID numbers using Schwab.Com web site and Legacy CICS transactions to generate a set of functional and performance Test Ids. Logged bugs in Vantive, regression test bugs and validated data throughout test cycles based upon build schedule and migration of code from QA through Production regions. Responsible for the execution and validation of AMS Equity Assets, Bonds , Banking, Loans, Funds , as well as, Schwab Retail data in Portfolio Summary, Holdings and Activity Test Cases. Also, developed tests for Quotes and Symbols and Schwab Account Holdings. Develop and prototype White-Box testing of Saxon generated reports using XML and XSL templates in Clear Case. Monitored Weblogic, Resonate, DB2 Connect Sun Solaris system performance in Unix. Assisted in load testing server/application. Collaborated our efforts between QA/Design team in New Jersey, business partners, developers and Release Management in San Francisco and our COLA QA team. Resolved issues, bugs and questions in regular meetings and via email/phone interaction. Perform metrics in Certification and prepare Test Summaries reflecting tests conducted using MAC, PC under a host of browsers, including IE, Netscape and AOL, via Schwab internal network and ISP TCP/IP modem lines. Review and plan QA activities for Phase 2 features of this product, Expanded Permissioning, Bank Journaling, Downloads and 2-Way Email. Participate in Razorfish Web design of COLA site using their XTRANET clickthroughs.
March 2000 to August 2000
CHARLES WARREN COMPANY, San Francisco, CA
STECH – SIM QA Engineer
Responsible for the Quality Assurance of Investment Manager Downloads and Alerts on SIM.COM and Schwab Link Windows Desktop. Develop, maintain and run regression suite for each release of SI.COM and hardware upgrades. Baseline/reset test environments in the QA Lab on PCs by reconfiguring them with various operating system/browser version/type combinations for regression test. Ran SILK automated regression scripts for both Downloads and Alerts. Run PERL and Unix based Alerts and Downloads File Splitter scripts to test and prepare data for baseline testing of new files state and functionality. Report and tracked bugs in Vantive. Support installs of SI.Com releases and hardware upgrades. Collaborated with TCS support personnel in Phoenix to close production bugs reported by IMs in the field. Worked with and attended meetings to discuss outstanding bugs and related issues found in QA test region. Establish test procedures for SIM analysts and Web Checkers in Phoenix for Download testing. Attended Use case review meetings and develop Referral Alerts and Referral Email test cases for the Advisor Source on SI.COM project from Use Cases and Business Requirements. Grasp and apply the knowledge of the Security model architecture found on the SI.COM website to QA. Loaded JRE on XML PC workstation in preparation of XML Prototype for Downloads Project testing. Worked and contributed to HUGO/SIM in a Box, IECMS and Workflow Status Alerts projects.
June 1999 to February 2000
CHARLES WARREN COMPANY, San Francisco, CA
Electronic Brokerage Technology – Team Lead QA Engineer
Responsible for the Quality Assurance focal point of the Mutual Funds Redesign WEB Project. Establish entrance/exit criteria, develop test plan, design and build test cases, prepared Test Summary, certify QA criteria met with signoff. Participate in daily bug meetings. Prioritize and review defects with development team. Re-test fixes. Identify potential showstopper type bugs in Acceptance testing phase. Work with Product Development, Development Team, Project Management in establishing screen design and navigation issues, proper charging of fees, issuance of messages, content, etc. Develop defect tracking procedure. Track program bugs, issues using defect tracking software. Manage defect list, queries and reports. Establish metrics for defects and test cycles. Provide/negotiate time estimates to Project Manager for QA tasks. Coordinate bug fixes with project team, regression and maintenance QA teams. Coordinate testing in Devo sandbox , acceptance, QA provided touch test checkout in Pre-prod and Prod. Currently on Scores and Decimalization projects on the Web development team. Offered Schwab-U presentation on Mutual Funds.
February 1999 – May 1999
DEITON BANK – Y2K PROGRAM OFFICE, QRP, San Francisco, CA
Y2K QA/QC Review Analyst
Reviewed QRP Y2K certification packages per workpaper and DEITON standards. Examined packages for date impacts, remediated code, change control and proper aging applied, adequate system and interface testing in a Y2K compliant environment. Also checked for proper exceptions filed, critical dates tested, test approach and objectives outlined and validation techniques employed. Documented findings in recommendation, action log and results summary. Analyzed and noted deficiencies. Updated metrics EXCEL spreadsheet which track inventory of packages received, completed and those being referred to QRP Audit. Assigned grade to packages according to adherence to guidelines, completeness, due diligence followed, etc. Scheduled and performed package walkthroughs with Business Liaisons. Made recommendations and resolved compliance and documentation issues. Managed Y2K package recertification. Participated and contributed in work-paper review meetings to refine work process guidelines. Revised tasks and approach to packages. Processed improvement changes made involved a discussion of relevant and non-relevant issues of QA review work steps and feedback from analysts?past reviews.
September 1998 – February 1999
PACIFIC LABS, San Jose, CA
Systems Support Analyst
Provided MRDB Production Support. Setup parameters in DB2 PROCS and run AD-HOC reports written in QMF. Spooled extract reports to users by converting MVS report files to MS Word documents using FTP and attaching them to Email. Monitored and checked results of jobs. Made changes to COBOL interfaces to MRDB system COBOL/DB2 . Developed queries to verify accuracy of reports. Researched any problems with the running of queries. Develop workaround solutions for problematic, reoccurring symptoms. Responded to user inquiries as to which table elements are used. Modified and reconstructed SQL queries per user requirements. Tested revised queries. Handled deviation requests from schedule runs. Updated metrics report on LAN. Provided assignment status on a bimonthly and daily basis. Supported DCSS in conjunction with MRDB phase-out activities.
May 1998 to September 1998
TRISTAR, Pleasanton, CA
Y2K Integration Analyst
Y2K Conversion Team. Responsible for systematic migration of production groupings. Analyzed and maintained inventory of changes Programs, Copybooks, PROCS, PARM members, PSBs, etc. on Excel spreadsheets. Participated in walk-throughs of grouping changes. Managed project tasks of 3 programmer analysts. Set up test files and environment for unit and system test. Wrote test cases. Converted VSAM and sequential file using File-Aid Reformatter. Upgraded system to Y2K standards by running scan analysis of copybooks and programs for changes and wrote specs. Programs written in IMS and CICS online COBOL. Developed cutover and test plans, modify JCL to system test changes. Researched and troubleshoot bugs in test and production. Coordinate changes with other I/As, systems, client-server based processes. Analyze vendor upgrades, assess copybook change impacts upon other grouping and existing system matrix.
August 1997 to May 1998
CORAL, MARKETING & LOGISTICS, San Jose, CA
As Y2K Technical Team Member, planned, steered and coordinated Y2K conversion effort. Also, primary support of Sales Reporting & MSDS system. Upgrade SR to Y2K standards by performing Y2K analysis scan programs for changes and write specs for SR system. Recovered SR Master file using File-Aid Reformatter. Enhanced SR programs written in PLX/PLI and IMS per user functional specifications. Designed, coded, developed test plan and test scripts, built test data using Data Ager, tested changes, modified JCL. Researched and troubleshoot production problems.
April 1997 to August 1997
BESSON, LTD., WORLD HEADQUARTERS, San Francisco
Business Analyst/Programmer Analyst
Provided direct support of ITD client business requests. Worked in the Customer Service and Central DB applications. Extensive data manipulation, building test data using SYNCSORT, File-Aid/IMS XPERT, DYL280/EZTRIEVE. Staged and packaged program changes in Endeavor. Enhanced Sales Tracing programs written in IMS DB/DC, CICS, VSAM and COBOL. Built Monthly Pricing reports. Designed, coded, tested changes, modified JCL PROCS. Researched and troubleshoot production problems.
October 1996 to April 1997
FIRST BANK OF AMERICA, Concord Technology Center, Concord, CA
Worked in the Demand Deposit Accounts Area developing a new financial product for the retail bank. Responsible for initial sizing, analysis, functional and detailed design, test plans and modifications needed to Refresh BMPs to support this financial product. Existing system written in IMS DB/DC and COBOL.
June 1995 to October 1996
PACIFIC LABS, San Jose, CA
Developed test plans, analyzed, defined, designed and constructed test data in Integration Test Region. Responsible for the Billing History Database subsystem test team support for RCRMS, Revenue Collection Reporting Management System , a major multi-platform development project at Pacific Bell. Tested online application in GUI/CICS front-end. Validated test cases using screen capture and playback in Winrunner. Built test cases and tested suites for BHDB and CEDB DB2 applications and extracted data from test repositories to build stable test bed. Worked Trouble Reports TR S . Took DB2 table loads, backups using DB2 Utilities, File-Aid for DB2, QMF and SPUFI. Worked with AMS vendor on credit history, Bureaulink, FICO scoring algorithms and SBC business partners on testing requirements of AOG, SORD and MI Billing Interfaces to RCS/RCRMS.
November 1994 to May 1995
FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF SAN JOSE, San Jose, CA
Analyzed, designed and wrote several Security subsystem specifications in the systems requirements definition phase and code subprograms for a new Statistics and Reserves Reporting System, which was currently a major IMS DB/DC – DB2 COBOL development project at the FRBSF. Upgraded front-end CLIST JCL local applications to reflect new communal district unique processing site requirements.
June 1994 to September 1994
RANDY INTERACTIVE SYSTEMS, San Francisco, CA
Programmer Analyst/QA Tester, Research & Development Department
Worked in the R&D Tools Group testing TGS Tools for the 4th-GL Redwood?release of financial applications in a UNIX environment. Software included COBOL, SYBASE, HP UNIX Animator, WinRunner Testing Tools and Problem Resolution logging in Proactive “Vantive?System. Constructed test cases/suites for GUI Applications using WinRunner capture and playback of screen functionality. Logged defects and exceptions in MS Word and Excel. Working knowledge of Redwood” architecture and PSU/PDS process. IBM Mainframe VM/CMS-XEDIT Editor Novel PC-LAN applications, SYBASE Server, HP-UX UNIX Server, Lotus cc: Mail.
April 1994 to June 1994
DAVID LABS FORMERLY VINTEX LABS , Palo Alto, CA
Updated and enhanced Workstation Configuration Management System using ORACLE SQL*Forms and SQL*Plus on a DEC PC-LAN platform.
February 1994 to April 1994
BORIS ELECTRONICS, Cupertino, CA
Installed edits using IMS DB/DC COBOL to inhibit Non-Company Sales Reps from performing specific screen functions including viewing, selecting and updating data by customer region.
September 1989 to February 1994
INFORMATION SYSTEMS, Oak Park, CA
Programmer Analyst Specialist
Maintained of over 14 systems in the Quality Systems area which automate the acquisition, control and tracking of Space Shuttle activities, including Automated Document Management System and Engineering Parts Inventory. Developed hazardous material/waste storage and tracking system. Converted existing vendor system databases to Andersen MAC-PAC DEFENSE MRPII procurement package requirements. Extensive use of IMS DB/DC, APS, COBOL II, VSAM, XPEDITER, FILE-AID, Eztrieve/DYL280 and IMS XPERT. Built test cases and scripts and tested BMP related applications processing. Enhanced Purchase Order System. Emergency Change Notice [ECN] Coordinator/Production Control Technician for Quality Systems using CA-7 scheduling package.
April 1987 to September 1989
BETHEED AUTOMATION SYSTEMS CO., BUSINESS COMPUTING, Burbank, CA
Information Systems Programmer Analyst
Converted shop order location system written in IMS DL/1, CICS and COBOL II to conform to Mil-Stds in the processing of labor hours thereby achieving the precise reporting of labor performance. Wrote screen applications for a shop floor production control system in Oracle SQL*Forms/ SQL*Plus on a DEC MicroVAX workbench platform.
March 1985 to March 1987
WILSON GUIDANCE AND CONTROL SYSTEMS CO., Birch Hills, CA
Senior Programmer Analyst, Information Systems Dept.,
Installed online inventory system written in IMS DB/DC COBOL, tracking storeroom inventory piece parts for the issuing, receiving and ordering of kit assemblies. Responsible for writing monthly update programs and the testing of various interfaces to this system. Developed DYL280-IMS application to unload and restore various databases for flat file editing and backup. Maintained several complex-manufacturing systems.
September 1983 to March 1985
WHITE CROSS OF CALIFORNIA, Birch Hills, CA
Programmer Analyst II, Information Technology Dept.
Maintained Broker System IMS DB/DC, COBOL , paying commission earned to broker or agents on reconciled dues received. Provided Membership maintenance programming and analysis support.
September 1982 to September 1983
ABC HEALTH CARE SERVICES, INC., Santa Clara, CA
Programmer Analyst, M.l.S. Data Center
Developed and enhanced Hospital/Pharmacy online/bath applications using DL-1 and CICS, COBOL in an IBM DOS M/F environment with PCS Online front-end running under CICS. Projects completed include corporate financial spreadsheet conversion from DEC BASIC to VS COBOL; MAPS Marketing Survey Reporting changes to facilitate contract services/resource allocation, client targeting and demographic analysis/projection; and developing MEDI-LOG patient reimbursement and audit reporting system.
May 1980 to May 1982
ALCO PETROLEUM PRODUCTS CO., Los Angeles, CA
System Analyst, Systems & Programming
Provided programming and analysis of COBOL business applications. Responsible for the Purchasing Activity Reporting System. Also worked in other assignments within the Financial Systems area.
Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems – California State University Los Angeles
SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA
- Two successful decades of software QA on cutting-edge software products, with more than a decade of director/managerial experience in fast-paced environments.
- Flexibly applies industry-standard software testing procedures and methodologies to teams of varied size and maturity. Mentors test engineers and participates in detailed test case creation.
- Hires, trains and manages SQA engineers, matching skill-sets to tasks for overall test improvement.
- Designs and improves software quality assurance processes and communication.
- Plans, schedules and organizes tasks using structured testing methodologies.
- Validates and ships timely releases in all stages of their lifecycles.
- Extensive working managerial experience: can juggle technical and managerial tasks.
- Designs efficient technical test strategies for large back-end systems, including OOP, HTML, XML, Java-based, real-time, multi-user, high-volume and large-bandwidth requirements.
- Current hands-on experience with large relational database systems, including CRM, SAP and shop-floor control. Broadly familiar with business rule use in computer software.
- Strong embedded systems experience, including medical/FDA and the coordination of software test with hardware test in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical documentation experience in formal and informal settings, including medical and FDA.
- Quickly analyzes testing requirements of unfamiliar technology. Ongoing contributor to technical design processes.
- Designs test scripts and test automation.
- Tailors overall test strategies to customer requirements and company budgeting constraints
Operating systems: Unix, Solaris, LynxOS, PSos, VXWorks, NT, DOS and Windows
Software and tools: Apache, WebLogic, Siebel, TCP/IP, DNP servers, firewalls, load balancers, SQL Plus, QA Partner, HP OpenView, network message traffic analyzers, RF packet analyzers, internal logging tools, SAP, proprietary database and DNP tools
- Sun Microsystems: performed complete technical and process evaluation of internal database project running on Siebel.
- Bang Networks: created system test architecture and initial set of test cases for large Unix-based system delivering streaming XML updates to web pages. Contributed significantly to design and design-for-test.
- Converge: performed complete analysis of test documents on SAP-based B to B system incorporating a translation hub and several third-party apps into a single system.
- SpinCircuit: performed system test analysis and mentored a test group in testing large supply-chain parts-tracking system with complex Oracle back-end database.
- Catapulse spin-off from Rational Software: provided system test plan for large system designed to enable web-based deployment and collaboration for suite of tools developed by Rational.
- Connectify: created system test architecture and provided hiring and management for large Oracle and Java-based distributed system to deliver and track activity on volume targeted email from customer sites.
- Bridge Information Systems: provided technical and test process analysis and management on large system designed to cache and deliver real-time stock and financial quotes from worldwide trading centers.
Sitron, Datoga, CA
Systems Test Manager
- Hired, organized and managed team of six SQA engineers to system-test Itron s Genesis Fixed Network, an automatic utility-meter reading system involving proprietary data collection equipment, RF and network communications using DNP, UDP and other protocols, a real-time -relational database engine, and an Oracle database server running on Unix.
- Introduced industry standard software test strategies and methodologies. Created system test processes and procedures appropriate to the maturity level of the organization.
- Designed test planning, specification and results documents and mentored staff in the use of these documents. Worked with Development and Deployment staff to improve written and oral communications between system test and these groups.
- Supervised testing efforts for five releases of the software. Analyzed scope of system testing and organized it into structured testing areas. Devised new scheduling strategy to realistically track system test efforts and tracked weekly progress of testing for management using Microsoft Project.
- Wrote system test plans and technical test plans and SQL scripts for areas of the software. Set up and performed system tests.
Test Telesonics, Santa Clara, CA
Manager of Software
- Managed software testing effort for Diasonics ultrasound -machine, a real-time, embedded systems medical device running on Unix. Supervised four test engineers/applications specialists.
- Wrote clear, FDA-approved test and release documentation and specifications for several versions of the ultrasound software.
- Streamlined Informix bug-tracking system and worked with Regulatory Department on extensive improvements to the overall -test process.
Stanland International, Green Valley, CA
Paradox for Windows Project Manager/International SQA Manager/Senior SQA Engineer
- Managed Forms and Reports testing for Paradox for Windows 1.0. Supervised 4-11 test engineers, including hiring, mentoring and staff evaluations. Effectively performed as a working manager while fulfilling test responsibilities and achieving a high bug-find rate.
- Coordinated beta tests of Paradox for Windows 5.0 and devised improvements to the beta test process. Helped developers improve and focus product functionality.
- Managed localization testing and set up effective file control systems for all products.
- Planned and tested numerous product areas of Paradox for Windows, including Forms and Reports data modeling, and other functionality in several relational database file formats. Performed integration testing of spreadsheets, word processors, TSRs and other business products.
Analytica Group, Fremont, CA
- Performed integration testing of Framework II, a multi-function package for DOS. Designed bug report form for company-wide use and supervised configuration management functions.
- Performed integration testing of Reflex, an analytic flat-file database.
Education and Professional Development:
Bachelor of Arts degree with honors in English, University of Illinois at Chicago Circle. Shlaer-Mellor Object-Oriented Analysis, Introduction to SQL
Member, Association for Software Quality.
White Lake, CA
- 20 years application analysis, design, programming and implementation
- 9 years supervisory and project management experience
- 5 years EDI experience
- 8 years Quality Assurance experience
- Software: C++,Visua Basic 5.0,SQL COBOL
- Databases: Oracle 8i,SQL Server,MSAccess,IBM DB2
- Tools: RationalAnalyst Studio, RequisitePro, QA Partner
- Functional, usability testing, backend validation
- Manual and automated regression testing
- Automated performance testing
FORD MOTOR SALES, Sacramento, CA
Jun 2001 – Present
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Validated and approved candidate build before and after promotion to production
- Wrote regression test scripts for all modules of application
- Implemented Rational ClearQuest 2001A
- Performed data validation on DB2 tables
- Trained QA staff of private dealerships on functionality, test methods, data selection and test cases to validate integration of private dealerships
ELICON, Irvine, CA
May 2000 – Mar 2001
Quality Assurance Manager
- Planned and coordinated test activities of Struxicon and Tanning Technology personnelincluding user interface testing on various Windows operating systems and browser combinations, performance and concurrency testing
- Tested and debugged ANSI-SQL compliant SQL Server 7.0 stored procedures
- Established code promotion procedures from Development to QA to Production
CELTICS BROADCAST, Anabel, CA
Aug 1999 – May 2000
Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Tested Windows NT based on-air television broadcast system developed in C++ in Oracle 7 database which interfaced with video tape cart libraries, disk player/recorders, video cache machines, bar coding equipment and other devices
- Developed smoke tests for on-air broadcast system using Segue QA Partner
CENDFAST, Palo Alto, CA
Oct 1997 – Aug 1999
Quality Assurance Project Lead
- Managed QA activities for conversion of Billing system from mainframe to client/server developed in Visual Basic 5.0, SQL Server 6.5 and MTS, including writing test plans, test requirements and test cases from UML documents
- Managed staff and consultants testing Relocation Accounting/Payroll applications
- Developed and implemented Test Automation architecture, standards and framework using Rational Robot 7.0, developed custom functions, scripts, shells and procedures for automated build acceptance and regression testing
- Wrote Quality Assurance Handbook defining QA procedures and processes
SUPPLYSOFT, Ann Field, MI
Jun 1992 – Oct 1997
- Wrote custom EDI reporting programs for external customers in C++
- Designed and developed customer software tracking system in MS VBA
- Maintained STMap and MapMate II, EDI mapping products in C++ and SQL
Quality Assurance Analyst
- De facto Quality Assurance team leader for over 1 year
- Tested all software changes to Windows and DOS EDI and bar coding products
- Developed several in house applications in MS Access
- Wrote SQA scripts for regression testing of Windows EDI products
ALLEGRO CONSULTING, Irvine, CA
Jun 1981 – Aug 1991
- Managed Order Entry implementation developed in Telon, SQL and DB2
- Initiated formal EDI program to increase Trading Partners
- Managed 9 programmers and analysts, hired consultants as needed
Senior Systems Analyst
- Implemented InSci Human Resources and Genesys Flexible Benefits systems
- Implemented CIS Laboratory Management System with 24 instruments on HP1000
- Evaluated and implemented Shop Floor Control system on CP9500 with 15 bar code terminals at 3 manufacturing/receiving sites
- Evaluated and implemented Cincom MRPII system on IBM 3083
ORCAN AIRCRAFT, Pacific County, CA
Jan 1975- Jun 1980
Senior Systems Analyst
- Defined inventory, work-in-process WIP , MRP and purchasing requirements for transition from IBM 370 to Burroughs 6800 hardware/software
- Supported implementation of MRP system on CP9500 system by defining requirementsand writing conversion programs
- Provided programming support for Corporate manufacturing systems
University of California, Irvine, CA
- “Object Oriented Design and Analysis with UML”, 1999
- “Visual Basic 5.0”, 2000
California State University, Fullerton, Fullerton, CA, 1986-1990
Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA – A.A., 1976
Quality Assurance Analyst / Tester in Software Development
Development Tools: Access, SQA, PVCS Bug Tracker, and defect tracking systems
Hardware: IBM, Mac, PCs, workstations, and mainframes
Operating Systems: Windows NT, Windows 98 and 2000, Sun, and Mac
Software: Paradox, Delphi, Visual Basic, Visual C++, SQL Server, FoxPro, JAVA Script, UNIX, DOS, FTP, SQLPlus, PowerBuilder, SQR, PowerLock, and other Object Oriented – GUI Interface Proprietary Software products. Utilized Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Exchange, GroupWise, Lotus Notes, Visio, etc.
- Studied, evaluated, and adapted the application of the repeatable, efficient, effective, and controlled successful software development process.
- Developed and refined tools, forms, reports, and documents.
- Generated defect management and QA process formation, process documentation, and review.
- Motivated and influenced the growth of a development team including Programmers, Business Analysts, QA, Testers, Project Managers, and User Acceptance groups.
- Conducted and / or attended walk-throughs of requirements, designs, code reviews, test plans, and user acceptance test documents.
- Utilized SQA Manager Defect Tracking System to track and monitor defects.
- Trained users in SQA Manager and process requirements for project defects.
- Utilized SQA Robot to create test scripts for a JAVA based financial software.
- Supervised, evaluated, documented, and conducted software testing from BFVT Unit , Regression, Functional, Integration, Black Box, etc. in various test environments.
- Tested GUI interfaced, Object Orientated, proprietary software in Paradox, Delphi, UNIX, DOS, and constantly evolving networked environments.
- Prepared, reviewed, executed test plans for a statewide client / server voter registration system utilizing LAN / WAN connections to county and state offices.
- Prepared, reviewed, executed test plans for a multi-tiered project utilizing barcode inputs, manual entry on a GUI application, supervised a team of testers, and provided user feedback.
- Tested the upgraded software, from DOS to FoxPro, for the CA Athletic Commission.
- Tested a JAVA Script application for Internet hardware systems.
- Executed software test setup and re-testing of corrected defects on a proprietary software system in UNIX utilizing SQLPlus on an X station and a Windows Workstation.
- Data format certification through FileAide for a Back Bridge portion of software for a re-design of existing distributed application architecture.
- Managed off sight and on sight defects through PVCS Bug Tracker, communicated through email, telephone, and instant messenger to off sight team members and joint business customers.
- Coordinated, prioritized, and executed software re-testing of defects.
- Wrote, reviewed, and developed detailed defect reports.
- Analyzed and provided written feedback for training classes, training tools, and process resource tools provided through documentation, shared network sources, classrooms, remote classes, interactive CD-ROM, and the Internet.
- Executed test planning, testing, client contacts, risk reviews, documentation reviews, program testing, and due diligence of documentation signoff on a Y2k project.
- Evaluation of Y2k projects for completion assurance, best practices, due diligence, and test planning.
- Traveled as the QA of a set-up team that installed a network system installing the on-site servers, printers, and workstations.
- Conducted classes in computer use, Microsoft Windows, Word, PowerPoint, how to use the Internet for job searches, and wrote an article on using the Internet for job search for beginners.
|Defect Management Team||State Employees Retirement System||2001|
|Quality Assurance Analyst||The Money Store||2000|
|Software Tester||ElDorado Software||1999 2000|
|Quality Assurance Analyst||CA Department of Consumer Affairs||1999|
|Senior Quality Analyst Testmasters||Y2k Project Office||1998 1999|
|IV&V Analyst||CA Secretary of State Dept.||1998|
|Quality Analyst||Manpower Technical||1997 1998|
|Quality Specialist I||Cable Data||1997|
|Quality Analyst / Tester||The Money Store||1995 1997|
|Team Lead / Tester||Pacific Staffing||1992 1995|
|Volunteer||Sacramento Professional Network||1997 2002|
B.S. in International Business and in Marketing San Jose State University
Certified Quality Analyst CQA Quality Assurance Institute
International Trade certification Anoka Technical Education Center
Data Modeling, Benchmarking, COBOL, Access, SQA, Microsoft Project, Lotus Notes, SAQA and SPIN presentations.
San Francisco, CA
- 20 years experience throughout the Software Development Life Cycle SDLC
- Programmer Analyst – C/C++, SQL, Cold Fusion, HTML, VB, COBOL, CICS, DB2
- QA Process Specialist – CMM SEI, Repeatable Development Processes
- Data Modeler / Designer / Requirements Analyst
- Project Manager / Team Lead
- nstructor Certified / Course Developer
- HP UNIX, C++, Utilities, Vi, IBM MQ Series, some PERL, Redhat Linux 7.0, Apache, PHP, MySQL.
- MVS, COBOL, CICS, DB2, Data Modeling, IBM Utilities, JCL, ISPF, NDM, CompareX, Xpediter
7/2001 – present
The Quinto, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Senior QA Engineer / White Box / Test Tool Automation Win2000 / NT Web / Client Server Environment
Quinto Inc Direct is the internet subsidiary of the Quinto. They provide online, e-commerce websites for the Quinto, Old Navy and Banana Republic brands. The technologies used are Microsoft ASP programming, HTML and SQL stored-procedures written in SQL 2000 / 7.0. Recently implemented the Banana Republic website on a new platform: Microsoft ConsumerSite 2000 CS2K , BizDesk, Content Management Server CMS and SQL 2000.
Senior QA Engineer Automation and White Box who wrote Test Plans, created and executed Test Scenarios / Test Cases and logged defects in TestDirector using White Box techniques referencing the ASP code, SQL Stored Procedures / scripts, the Data Model and design documents for the Tools Group s applications as well as the Banana Republic Re-platform project. Tested the Data Migration of the existing database millions of rows from SQL 7.0 old data model to the new database SQL 2000 new schema . Also tested the Application Center Push program and process which used XML.
The Tools group s applications included the Data Staging Tool, ProductDE Tool, PAMS and the Email Import Tool. Executed tests functional, system and integration tests and Validated the test results on the web and in the database using repeatable Test Scripts, SQL Queries and SQL Profiler Trace . Ran many QA cycles for the high-priority Email Import Tool – where millions of new and updated customer and email information is scrubbed and loaded into the production databases for all 3 brands. Participated in design and code reviews.
Enhanced and maintained the daily QA Automation WinRunner Test Scripts to access each production machine, and perform some customer transactions in the production websites. Accumulated the information and created exception reports sent to Management.
6/2001 – present
SmartDesign.com, San Francisco, CA
Co-founder / Web Designer / Developer, Data Modeler, DBA, System Administrator Linux / Apache / PHP / MySQL Environment
SmartDesign is a small e-commerce website that sells Handicraft Designs and offers monthly online courses. Implemented all technical decisions regarding the website. Designed, coded, tested and implemented all features of the website on my own after work and on weekends. The technologies used are Linux, Apache, PHP programming, HTML and MySQL code embedded in the PHP code. System Administrator for the website Linux, MySQL database as I host the Linux/Apache server at my house. See http://www.SmartDesign.com for more details.
5/2000 – 6/2001
NetCentury, San Francisco, CA
Senior QA Engineer / White Box / Test Tool Automation Lead NT Web / Client Server Environment
NetCentury is a client-server / web-based Loyalty Software provider. End-users Earn and Redeem currency by shopping online and other means. The companies own Loyalty website is www.clickrewards.com. Some business customers who have implemented the software include AOL/American Airlines, American Express, and recently a consortium in Japan. The ISA Tools are web-based applications that support the main business functionality. These applications consist of Account Maintenance, Member Maintenance, Redemption Services Administration and Universal Authentication. Users access the system via the web in a secure environment. The systems recently underwent code changes to support Internationalization for double-byte languages, i.e. Kanji . The technologies used are Java code written in the SilverStream Application Server and SQL stored-procedures written in SQL 7.0.
Senior QA Engineer who wrote and executed Test Plans and created Test Scenarios / Test Cases in TestDirector using White Box techniques referencing the Java code, SQL Stored Procedures / scripts, the Data Model and design documents for the ISA applications. Executed tests functional, system and integration tests and Validated the test results on the web and in the database using repeatable Test Scripts, SQL Queries, the SilverStream monitor and SQL Profiler Trace . Trained 4 new QA Engineers on the applications to meet aggressive project deadlines. Created a checklist of 35-tests for any web page and other new process documentation. Participated in design and code reviews.
QA Automation Lead who started the WinRunner Test Script Coding Guidelines. Set the standards on WinRunner script techniques including all tests using dynamic / data-driven techniques, dynamic GUI validation and dynamic SQL validation of the test results with the database. Wrote WinRunner scripts for 50 of the Redemption Services Application.
QA Test Tool Lead who planned and implemented the conversion of the legacy defect tracking system PR Tracker into the new Mercury Interactive TestDirector Test Tool. Primary TestDirector Admin who set up processes to administer the application, and trained subsequent TestDirector Admins. There were over 80 users of the system.
7/1983 – 1/2000
Pacific Systems IT departments
over 16 years Full-Time Employee
10/1997 – 1/2000
Web Consulting, Pacific Systems, San Francisco, CA
Programmer/Team Lead / QA Lead / Data Modeler NT Web / Client Server Environment
DSL Web Qual / Loop Qual is a 3-tier client-server application. It is used to qualify real-time web based DSL Requests. Extensive files millions of rows from legacy mainframe systems are merged and loaded into the SQL 7.0 database forming the data warehouse. SQL Stored Procedures manipulate the data to pre-qualify each row in the database. Users access the data via the web in a secure environment. External users access the data via system interfaces written in Java. The backend of the system interfaces to an external system via a C++ interface using 3270 emulation and VB.
Systems Analyst, Lead Data Modeler, Designer and member of SQL Server 7.0 development team SQL stored procedures for major re-write of DSL Web Qual client-server project. The database consisted of over 70 Tables, 700 Attributes, and 80 Relationships. Designed, Coded, Tested, and Installed major SQL Stored Procedures for the Pre-Qual function.
Formed and Lead QA/QC Test Group for DSL Web Qual client-server project. Hired team, instituted repeatable testing, documented procedures, selected test tools Silk Test for load testing, web testing, functional, and regression testing. Built test bed of over one thousand test scenarios/cases. Promoted QA Quality Processes for the development team including Reviews.
Coded enhancements to access data in the SORD system via 3270 emulation written in C/C++ . Wrote several web-based reports using Cold Fusion 3.1 accessing data in the SQL Server 6.5 database. Wrote / Implemented Repeatable Test Plans, Test Cases for client-server ARQDT and Web Qual Applications. Performed Unit, System, Integration, and Regression tests.
Designed, Coded, and Installed a VB program to Email/Page support staff in the event of program exceptions. The Exception sub-system is web-based with a VB backend. Exceptions are sent to the system via a VB COM object, SQL Stored Procedure or C++ class code. The PagerEmail program pro-actively notifies the correct people for each type of exception.
10/1996 – 10/97
Activation Platform, Pacific Systems, San Jose, CA
Programmer/QA Lead UNIX Environment
The Activation Platform system processes orders from disparate systems LFACS, EARS, EB and AOG in real-time mode. This gave each of these interfacing systems a simple, convenient interface to process the provisioning of PIC changes selection of long distance carrier , custom calling features i.e. call-waiting, call forward, etc , and other Pacific Systems order types.
Assessed, Recommended and Implemented QA processes based on SEI CMM . Documented numerous software development process improvements including Coding Standards, Documentation Standards, Requirements Reviews, Design Reviews, and Code Reviews.
Analyzed and Developed Requirements for Local Number Portability and Calling Party Pays projects. Local Number Portability is where the end-user can take their phone number when they move from Pacific Systems to Resellers.
Member of team that Coded conversion to MQ Series for Activation Platform project; Trained programming staff in use of MQ Series and in-house developed MQ tools. Some exposure to Oracle 7.3 database and stored procedures. MQ Series is an IBM product that allows programs and systems to communicate via Queues. This allows the programs to be asynchronous.
3/1992 – 10/1996
Industry Markets, Pacific Systems, San Francisco, CA
Programmer / Team Lead IBM, MVS, CICS, DB2, COBOL Environment
Team Lead for new Resale application CLEO interfaces to the E911 system and the 411 Directory Assistance systems. Wrote Technical Requirements and Designed the solution in rapidly changing environment. The Resale application CLEO is to allow Resellers i.e. MCIWorldCom, AT&T, etc. to re-sell Pacific Systems services. This project was a top priority for Pacific Systems/SBC as it is required for entry into the long-distance market.
Team Lead and Senior Programmer for new Wholesale Ordering system. Duties included Estimating the project, hired staff, worked with Project Manager to build timeline, Led team that Designed, Coded, Tested and Installed system on time and within budget.
Team Lead and Senior Programmer for AT&T IPOC Ordering system. Duties included estimating projects size and costs which AT&T paid , hired staff, worked with Project Manager to build timelines. Team Lead as well as Designer, Coder, Tester for enhancements to the system.
Implemented SEI CMM QA guidelines which included Requirements Reviews, Design Reviews, Code Reviews, repeatable testing, balanced documenting development processes while meeting aggressive project timelines and budgets.
1989 – 1992
Information Systems Training, Pacific Systems
Instructor / Course Developer
Developed and taught courses Pacific Systems Certified Instructor in QA/QC, Software Process, SDLC and COBOL. The COBOL Tables course earned PONSI credits 2 lower division . Developed and Delivered new Bill Payment System RIMS Training. The Pacific Systems Bill Payment system processes 200,000 payments per day.
Conceived, Developed and Project Managed the introduction of a certification program CCP for the Pacific Systems IT organization with vice-president approval . Over 1000 IT professionals went through the program. Pacific Systems consistently had the top scorers in the nation.
1986 – 1988
Priority Marketing, Pacific Systems, San Francisco, CA
Systems Design Consultant II
Designed network solutions for the Federal Government Priority Account. This included Voice/Data T1 networks, performed 800-number studies. Provided technical assistance to the Sales team for Pacific Systems data products.
1983 – 1985
TIRKS, Pacific Systems, San Jose, CA
Programmer IBM IMS Environment
Analyzed, Designed, Coded, Tested and Implemented enhancements COBOL, IMS to the SORD interface to the TIRKS system. Installed and tested Bellcore TIRKS program and database releases.
1980 – 1983
City of Orlando, Orlando, FL
Programmer Unisys/Burroughs Environment
Analyzed, Designed, Coded, Tested and Implemented COBOL enhancements to the Fire Department Fire Hydrant system. This online system allowed Firemen to quickly determine the flow of the closest Fire Hydrants to any address. Analyzed, Designed, Coded, Tested and Implemented COBOL reports.
1997 – 2000 UC Berkeley Extension San Francisco, CA
Courses in C and C++ Programming, MFC programming, Intro to COM / OLE / Active-X, Win32 Systems, Debugging, OO Design. 4.0 GPA
1983 – 1999 IS Training, Pacific Systems San Jose, CA
Courses in C/C++ programming, OO Design, ER Data Modeling, SQL Server 7.0, Oracle PL/SQL, DB2, QA/QC, SDLC, Project Management, CICS, MVS, JCL, Course Development and Course Delivery certified , Telecom Network products.
1981 Florida International University Miami, FL
BSCS Computer Science. 3.5 GPA
1990 Certified Computer Programmer CCP from the Institute of Certified Computer Professionals ICCP
San Francisco, CA
To find a position in a cutting edge organization that will utilize either or all of my SQA Engineering and Management skills.
Detail-oriented self-starter able to organize and execute multiple and diverse projects simultaneously; Analytic problem-solver with an ability to work in a high-stress environment; Strong organizational and follow-up skills; Able to follow directions, as well as to take decisive actions; Capable to excel in a team-oriented environment, as well as work and complete projects independently; Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; Very quick learner with the aptitude to grasp an idea or subject instantaneously.
Hardware: IBM PC and clones, Laptops, Palm and WinCE hand-held devices, iMac,Telecom Systems.
Software: Microsoft Project, Visio, Power Point, Client/Server Applications, 3-Tier Applications, Web-based applications.MSSQL, MS Internet Explorer 4.01/5.0/5.5/6.0, Netscape Navigator and Communicator 4.08/4.5/4.6/4.7/6.0, Lotus Notes. SUN NetDynamic, MS IIS, MS Exchange Server, TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP protocols, Ethernet, LAN/WAN networking, router configuration and installation.
Tools: Rational Team Test 5.0, Rational Visual Test 4.0, Silk Test 5.0, Mercury Test Director and TracePlus32 Web Detective.
Platforms: MS DOS, Windows 3.X, Windows 95/98/2000/NT Server and Workstation , XP, UNIX, Linux. DCOM systems, Palm OS, Win CE, Mac OS.
Languages: SQA Basic, Visual Test Scripting Language, 4Test Scripting Language,SQL, SQL+, PL/SQL, HTML, C++, Java, HTML
Databases: Oracle 7, 8, 8i, MS SQL Server, Sybase.
Infrasoft Inc., San Francisco, CA
Software QA Manager
Created and managed Software Quality Assurance Department with the small start-up company. Was responsible for budgeting, purchasing of equipment, staffing and project scheduling within Department. Participated in Business and Development specifications creation. Worked closely with potential customers in order to ensure product customization to fulfill customer s requirements. Designed and performed Product Presentations and Software Lifecycle outlines using MS Project, Visio and MS Power Point. Participated in the development of documentation for training and support of the Applications. Implemented QA Methodologies and cycles. Developed necessary documentation, introduced and implemented Bug Tracking system. Mentored QA team, Development team, Change management team and Business analyst team in terms of using and coordinate their work with Bug Tracking System. Established a working weekly build turnaround schedule. Owned the complete company s QA process and was able to deliver the product in time. Created a testing environment necessary for cross-platform testing. Built test lab. Performed and installation and software configuration testing of web-based software as well as the shrink-wrap version of CD.Participated in application functionality and UI analysis along with Business Analyst, Development, Marketing Teams and customer representatives.Managed team of 4 QA Engineers, 1 Technical Writer peer and 1 Trainer peer.Also performed QA engineers duties testing company s Web-based application along with a separate shrink-wrap version of it and 3 powered by customer s web sites. Performed white/black box and performance testing of the web-based application.
Environment: Web Environment. Application created with ASP, Java, VBscript front end. MS SQL back end. Windows 2000/NT/XP, MAC OS.
Tools: Rational Test Suite. Silk Performer.
RDT, Inc., San Bruno, CA
Aug. 2000 June 2001
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Performing a management of a Project Testing Effort. Designed Master Test Plan and test strategy. Managing a team of QA Engineers performing White/Black box, Performance, Load and Stress testing. Conducting and attending staff meetings and project meetings discussing all aspects of involvement of QA Department in Software Development Life Cycle. Coordinating a joint performance of the QA Department with Corporate Services and Business Capabilities departments. Evaluated Testing Automation tools and performed creation and maintenance of Automated Test Scripts for functional, regression as well as performance testing. Worked with development team located abroad. Coordinated a testing effort for a project developed by a third party. Bringing the operation of IT QA Department to IEEE and ISO9000 standards of Software Project Development. Also performed testing of a web-based financial application as hands-on manager. Managed team of 7 QA Engineers.
Environment: Web Environment. Application created with ++, Java front-end. ORACLE back end. Win NT, Red Hat Linux OS.
Tools: Mercury WinRunner, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury TestDirector.
Pacific Software, Brisbane, CA
Sr. Software Lead/ Manager
Performed a wide variety of different tests against functionality, usability, design and performance of a 3-tier architecture software. System included an ORACLE DB server, a SUN NetDynamics Application server, that is also utilizes MS IIS services and a client connecting to an application via Internet browser IE 5.5, Netscape Communicator 4.7 . System also included DCOM server. Performed installation, configuration and implementation testing of the whole 3-tier system on a weekly basis as soon as new build comes up . Wrote detailed Test strategies, Test Cases and Test Approaches. Trained a team of junior-level testers according to those Test Approaches. Constantly maintained DB Server and Application server side of the system. Participated in White box testing of a C++, Java and Powerbuilder codes. Worked closely to DBA team and Development Team. Also duties included building a test environment and a team of test engineers along with development all documentations necessary to ensure the proper functioning of a separate QA team. Build a test-lab from the scratch. Started as a Team Lead for the team of 4 QA Engineers and was promoted to QA Manager s position to manage the whole QA Process for the certain project within the Company. Managed the Team of 15 QA Engineers.
Environment: N-tier Web environment. Application created with C++, Java, Powerbuilder front-end. ORACLE, MS SQL Server backend. Windows NT/2000/98/95, Linux, UNIX OS. Palm OS, Win CE.
Tools: Silk Test.
Pacific Bell Directory, San Francisco, CA
May 1998-March 1999
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Performed functional, interoperability, regression and configuration testing of company-developed packages designed to be inserted as add-on tools into Windows NT operating system.Performed manual software installation and desktop configurations testing so as network-based SMS package delivery and auto install testing. Duties included documentation reviewing and analysis. Communication with developing team and CMT Change Management team is provided on the daily basis. Experience with PVCS Project Management System.
Environment: Shrink-wrap applications. C++.
Fitchburg Corporation, Oakland, CA
May 1996-May 1998
Testing Services/ Kaiser Permanente Software Analyst
Performed functional, regression, end-to-end and usability testing of Client-Server Software. Application used Windows NT clients with ORACLE Database. Wrote, updated and executed test cases manually, executed test scenarios using Visual Test as an automation tool. Duties included documentation reviewing and analysis. Wrote, followed and verified bug reports using company s internet-based WEB site. Worked closely with project management teams and neighboring projects testing teams to ensure better quality of delivered products, as they were part of one general project.
Environment: Client-Server Environment. Application created with ++ front end. ORACLE, Sybase, Informix and MS SQL back end. WinNT, UNIX OS.
Tools: Mercury WinRunner.
Heald Business College, San Francisco, CA
Major: Business/Accounting, College of Marin, Kentfield, CA
Computer Science Dept: Software Architecture and Testing